Page: 1

Mackintosh Lives For Ever

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mackintosh Lives For Ever#1
Posted: 1/30/10 at 9:11pm
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/stage/theatre/article7009722.ece

Yes, OK, he has put a lot of work into most of his theatres but if he loves them as much as he says he does in this article then spend it now so he, himself, can see the results.
The levy on each ticket he has charged for the last 10 years could probably built 2 or 3 new West End theatre from scratch by now. BUT we don't want new theatres, we just want the ones we have brought up to the standard he says he wants.

If he wants any ideas as to what can be done with his large bank account he can PM me anytime!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mackintosh Lives For Ever#2
Posted: 1/30/10 at 9:27pm
As I said on a previous thread the Prince of Wales looks exquisite and lovingly refurbished.

I also love the Prince Edward theatre, though cannot remember if it has had a recent refurbishment.

Think I remember the Novello looking tired, but made up by the excellent musical Spring Awakening.

The Noel Coward theatre was alright as a venue.

Queens, Wyndham and the Gielgud are not theatre I have ever been too, but hope to go to all 3 this year.

alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mackintosh Lives For Ever#2
Posted: 1/30/10 at 11:36pm
While I think it great that he restores these older theatres, in a city that seems to be crying out for new and better venues if anyone can afford to build it, it is Cameron Mac Intosh. Perhaps that will be his legacy...the Cameron MacIntosh Theatre.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mackintosh Lives For Ever#3
Posted: 2/1/10 at 6:11am
What happened to his plans for 'The Sondheim', which was supposed to be created as part of The Queen's redevelopment? Is it still part of the plan (if/when Les Mis closes)?

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mackintosh Lives For Ever#4
Posted: 2/1/10 at 3:38pm
Financially, CMac has truly been in a unique position to make a difference to the landscape of the West End, and the development of new musical talent.

His contribution has- relative to the income accrued- been minimal.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mackintosh Lives For Ever#5
Posted: 2/1/10 at 10:23pm
The Sondheim was scrapped it due to money, I really wish they would get on with the redevelopment of the Queens though.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mackintosh Lives For Ever#6
Posted: 2/2/10 at 1:54am
The Queens has anew box office! Bring out the marching band!
The man is all talk most of the time and what he does he does when he feels like it.