Page: 1

Speak up Keira, i cant hear you!!

Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Speak up Keira, i cant hear you!!#1
Posted: 12/17/09 at 5:08am
Watching this last night i kept saying to myself 'the set looks amazing'. Why was it dragging me away from what was happening on stage?

The reversion was pretty clever. Damien Lewis(shouting a lot) as playwright Alceste was the backbone in what I feel was an uneventful evening. Keira wasn't the car crash I thought she might be, but she seemed to suffer from severe nerves in a couple of scenes, and I just couldn't hear her that well.

As you can imagine the house was packed out. I had a thorough bag search and was asked by the usher if i had a camera or any recording equipment on me. Which my partner then asked him 'Why she's not getting her bits out is she?' The usher looked horrified and so did I.
Updated On: 12/17/09 at 05:08 AM
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Speak up Keira, i cant hear you!!#2
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:46pm
I find her bland as a screen actress, for me there is very little going on behind the eyes, which is essential in screen work, so I can only imagine that she has little to offer in terms of personality on stage.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Speak up Keira, i cant hear you!!#2
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:57pm
She mumbles on screen (as do most young screen actors) so god help us in the tiny Comedy Theatre if you cant hear her there- bet she's got got mics all over her too!

Same problem at the Novello it seems.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1236492/Families-set-travel-Christmas-left-limbo-BA-talks-drag-on.html
Updated On: 12/17/09 at 12:57 PM