Who would you like to as the new cast of Priscilla when this cast leave.

sam31
Stand-by
Stand-by
I have just read that Tony is to leave this show in March next year. I have no idea if or when any of the other cast will be leaving the show. Who would you like do be cast in the lead roles.
Maybe Michael Crawford for Bernadette and Craig McLachlan as Tick and Nigel Harman as Felicia.

Updated On: 12/12/09 at 05:58 PM
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Michael Crawford?!? Definitely not.
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Craig McLaughlin as Tick would be a fantastic choice! But I quite agree with Alterego on your choice of Crawford...for Felicia I'd love to see something crazy like David Tennant!! Haha! Philip Quast would make a fun Bernadette re: Who would you like to as the new cast of Priscilla when this cast leave
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Philip Quast will be playing Mr Banks in MARY POPPINS in Melbourne from June, and I doubt he'd fit into the costumes!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I heard Glenn Carter was auditioning
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think Glenn will be perfect for the role of Tick?
I like the idea of Geoffrey Rush as bernadette before ~ But I'd love to see Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellan for some reason... I think they'll both make divine Bernadettes!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm sure this'll be the next thing John Barrowman manages to squeeze his way into!

Personally I cant picture anyone else as Adam, and I hope Oliver doesnt leave! (and he would be mad to if they offered him a contract renewal!

I LOVE the idea of McClaghlin as Tick!

After his performance in La Cage, I have often wondered what Gary Beach would be like as Bernadette!? Maybe someone such as Paul O'Grady, Philip Schofield or Anthony Head? (If they wanted to go down the celebrity casting route!)
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oliver would be mad to turn down a contract renewal, he has finally got a part suited to him and that he is really good at
TIGGOSAURUS Profile PhotoTIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I believe Michael Crawford was previously considered for Bernadette in London but the producers made the right decision and brought Tony Sheldon over instead. Not sure if MC would be up for it again. Whoever it is has a tough act to follow and a very fine line to tread between playing the part of a real lady (albeit one with an 'interesting past') and an ageing drag queen. IMHO the latter interpretation could throw the whole production off-kilter.

For the roles of Tick & Adam my wishlist would feature Hugh Jackman & Guy Pearce. I expect we'll probably get some ex-popstar / TV actor instead. Worst case scenario is Jedward! re: Who would you like to as the new cast of Priscilla when this cast leave

Seen some shows in my time....
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Personally I'd like to see another Australian take over the role. What is Simon Burke doing?
figgy1978
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I agree with Simon Burke. He would have finished Sound of Music by then.
boyfromoz2 Profile Photoboyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wasn't Simon Bourke in SoM last Xmas? Is he on the tour with Connie now or what?
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
He's playing Captain von Trapp in the Toronto production until the first week in January. re: Who would you like to as the new cast of Priscilla when this cast leave
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bruce Forsyth - Nice to see you, to see you” – Nice!
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But too old - and English.
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Terence Stamp, who originated the role in the movie, is English and he did a fantastic job (the trick is to act, darling!).
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Even he managed a vague Australian accent.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He crossed my mind too John.
He's far too boring to do the stage show tho.
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...and he is very old now.
wildcat Profile Photowildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How about a veteran West End musical performer like Ray C. Davis or Michael Howe for Bernadette? Or, if they need a name, someone like Anthony Andrews?
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
To be honest, this wonderful show is so strong with this cast I would rather see it close after a very successful year than continue with naff stunt casting!
frapperia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Bernadette doesn't need to be a name, does she? Just well cast. Nobody knew who Tony was (most still don't!) but it's his skill that has got him raves, not his name. I think they can get away with just the one celeb, as Tick - it's the least demanding role. But they will need somebody, to keep a chunk of the punters rolling in.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love that Jeremy Irons idea and then we can have Max Irons his son play Felicia! wow...
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I find Jeremy Irons a really boring actor. I favour the short one from the Krankies.