Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!

CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#1
Posted: 10/2/09 at 3:44am
OFFICIAL!

No announcement yet (Unless I missed that) but the idiots who made the official website have somewhere entered the information, "Official site for Andrew Lloyd Webber's Love Never Dies, the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera, opening 20 Feb 2010 at the Adelphi Theatre, London." As this is the summary that comes up under the link if you search "Love never dies" on google!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#2
Posted: 10/2/09 at 4:41am
Previews from then, opens March I believe. top price 67.50 I think I read
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#2
Posted: 10/2/09 at 6:46am
Big hike for top tickets 67:50, so top ticket has gone up by 7:50.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#3
Posted: 10/2/09 at 6:49am
Includes 'restoration charge'
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#4
Posted: 10/2/09 at 7:57am
Restoration charge- my arse!
Someone should take a bloody big calculator and add up what theatres have been taking in the last 20 years that these charges have been 'added', 8 shows a week, 52 weeks a year! You could probably have bought 3 London Hippodromes and done them up for the future!
Anyway, The Adelphi itself had a 1.5M make over and upgrade prior to the opening of 'Sunset Blvd'!

A list of theatres that have currently been through some gorgeous and dramatic restoration work needs to be lined up against a list that shows those very theatres are still adding the extra charge while some are asking for the cash and are falling apart still!

67.50 come Feb isn't gonna be that much extra as by that time most show will be hitting 65 or the 67.50 anyways!
Its called inflation or, as I and most people call it, - 'taking the piss'!
Updated On: 10/2/09 at 07:57 AM
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#5
Posted: 10/2/09 at 8:55am
I have NEVER paid top price for a show, and I dont intend to start with this one, they'll be lucky if they get me to pay lowest price!

I wouldnt say I'm looking forward to this show, more interested at what it'll be like!
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#6
Posted: 10/2/09 at 9:00am
'I have NEVER paid top price for a show, and I dont intend to start with this one, they'll be lucky if they get me to pay lowest price!'

That surprises me, as I thought Priscilla was mainly full price?
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#7
Posted: 10/2/09 at 9:59am
There is a difference between top price and full price.
I saw Avenue Q on Saturday for 15 which was full price but definitely not top price (it was at the rear of the upper circle).
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#8
Posted: 10/2/09 at 11:05am
There is, but I get what Phantom means, and yes it is, but I always go by recommendations and theatre monkey etc. and both times I've seen Priscilla I have not paid more than 20, and both times had brilliant views, although I have had to compromise leg room!
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#9
Posted: 10/2/09 at 1:14pm
God knows what the big announcement is going to be on the 8th October.

That he is writing a new musical? Well that's no big secret we all know it is Love Never Dies for months.

Or perhaps who is going to star in Love Never Dies? Oh we have known for a while its going to be Kamin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess.

Must be the venue then? As it happens the Aldelphi has been touted since LND has been announced.

So has to be the date and ticket prices then? Well no the cat was let out of the bag today, that it is going to be the 20th February and tickets are going to be a mega £67:50.

So what is The Lords announcement of global importants?
Updated On: 10/2/09 at 01:14 PM
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#10
Posted: 10/2/09 at 2:30pm
lol I think the announcement is for more people than who happen to read theatre gossip websites and Baz column!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#11
Posted: 10/2/09 at 3:37pm
He's to retire!!!!!!!
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#12
Posted: 10/2/09 at 3:40pm
The Woman in White 2 re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
Justin D Profile PhotoJustin D Profile Photo
Justin D
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#13
Posted: 10/2/09 at 3:50pm
Ive always wanted a sequel to cats....

Or a prequel to Sunset Blvd (Sunrise Ave.)

But no, honestly I cant see what the announcement will be unless they will announce casting for the Broadway run also.

Chances are it's just to publicise it to people who arent folowing it (basically the public at large) and to launch a website and the artwork and hopefully a few song clips.

It would be too much to hope for that all of a sudden on Oct * they will start selling the Concept CD (but last I heard that was scrapped)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#14
Posted: 10/2/09 at 3:53pm
On the 8th there will be 3 presentations during the day for different parties. At at least 2 of them there will be 4 numbers performed.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#15
Posted: 10/2/09 at 4:19pm
Oh, so we are going to get a preview of The Lords best ever music (according to Baz) then?

I have been thinking about the announcement on 8th October and thought that when he disappears in the chair at the end of the original Phantom of the Opera into the closet of the Paris Opera House, he has come out after nearly 25 years and admits he is finally gay and its Raoul he really wants!
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#16
Posted: 10/5/09 at 1:54pm
Much as I am not desperately anti everything to do with it, I did notice that in his latest article about it, Baz toned down the "best ever", ever, reference to the score to the best in the last decade. And that's a bit different. The competition isn't exactly overwhelming there! I hope that isn't significant!

But thank you, Mama, for the info re the big announcement. If some of it is going to be previewed, one supposes that more of the cast will have to be announced, unless only Ramin and Sierra are to sing. But for all they are (apparently) known, it has never actually been officially announced.

I am hoping for a date re when the CD is going to be released (scapped and redone as I understood it). I will buy it regardless, but the thought that the rumour re Susan Boyle was true still gives me the creeps a bit.

HollyGolightly2 Profile PhotoHollyGolightly2 Profile Photo
HollyGolightly2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#17
Posted: 10/6/09 at 12:30am
The announcement of global importance: Phantom 3.

(/shudder)

Ramin Karimloo said something in an interview that made it sound very much like the announcement was going to be the cast list. The interviewer was bugging him about him being in LND, and he sort of coyly shrugged off the insinuations and said everything would be more clear when the_phantom makes his announcement.
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#18
Posted: 10/6/09 at 5:30am
Well at least we get to hear Sierra sing... i personally think she's an excellent choice. Defo have to agree with CONaries and say i'm more intrigued than excited about this show. It'll swing one way or the other for me... marmite:the musical!
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#19
Posted: 10/6/09 at 11:17am
I wrote this on a Broadway thread which was just deleted (not because of me I think):

With the millions of people who have seen the first show, there will at least be enough interest to sustain a sell-out 2 year run even if the reviews say it's the most execrable vomit ever hurled upon a stage. (Look at Dirty Dancing as a precedent).

This show cannot possibly be another Carrie or Annie 2. How many average punters are going to say "I saw that lovely Phantom of the Opera back in 1992, but I don't fancy seeing something new on the same subject"?

Incidentally, the whole Mr Y, Mister-Y, Mister-E thing: in French y is pronounced "ee", so Mister Y is Mister-ee. Wow, the book of this show sounds as though it's going to be more sophisticated and enigmatic than The DaVinci Code!
HollyGolightly2 Profile PhotoHollyGolightly2 Profile Photo
HollyGolightly2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#20
Posted: 10/6/09 at 11:52am
^ Wonder why it was deleted? I posted on it too. Didn't seem like anything inappropriate was on there.

Yes, LND will not close quickly. Even if it's terrible, everyone will buy tickets and see it first, then decide for themselves that it's awful. And if by some bizarre twist of fate it turns out to be good, well, there you go.

And god, I was really hoping it was just my imagination with the whole Mr. Y = Mister Y = Mystery thing. That is so corny, it's almost painful.

With that said, the book seems to be shaping up to be horrible, but I've heard nothing but good things about the music. I'm probably buying the cast recording anyway because I adore Ramin and Sierra. I'd buy a recording of Ramin singing a McDonald's menu.
Updated On: 10/6/09 at 11:52 AM
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#21
Posted: 10/6/09 at 3:54pm
How are the rear upper circle seats in the Adelphi??

Are they comparable to upper circle at the Palace/Shaftesbury or more distant like the Palladium?
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#22
Posted: 10/6/09 at 5:16pm
Perhaps we will merely be informed that a disaster beyond our imagination will occur.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#23
Posted: 10/6/09 at 5:26pm
I am sure you will be notified suitable the morning after the press nights, especially if my commands are not met!
Updated On: 10/6/09 at 05:26 PM
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Love Never Dies Opens 20th February!#24
Posted: 10/9/09 at 9:33am
http://perezhilton.com/2009-10-09-****cat-doll-to-do-phantom-of-the-opera-2

something tells me this is BS but if not.... i want front row seats to this train wreck!