Page: 1

The hunt it DEFINATELY on for Dorothy (and Toto!)

Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/london/E8831252667587/BBC+%26+Lloyd+Webber+Cast+West+End+Wizard+of+Oz.html

Shame its another female role they are casting, and I wish it was another show. I just dont think Oz works on stage
Updated On: 9/11/09 at 07:38 AM
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't think The Wizard of Oz works on stage either although I do like the RSC Cast Recording, it doesn't strike me as a show that would sustain a long run. I wonder if it will affect Wicked in any way or even give it a boost.

Apparently they are going to changes to it with new songs, not sure why and I wonder what theatre it could go into. I'm thinking the Palladium myself as most of the other biggish theatres aren't free or are going be in use.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh i wish he would just p**s off.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A reality show to cast a f**** dog in a West End show proves that ALW is barking. lol
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'll be 17/18, watch out for my audition! =P

Lol. Seriously, if they're going to do another one of these programmes, it should be for a male role. And not a dog.
beagle Profile Photobeagle Profile Photo
beagle
Stand-by
Stand-by
They can call the show "I'll Get You, My Pretty--And Your Little Dog, Too!"

Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL Bob and Beagle.
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'd like to suggest auditioning a St Bernard or similar for Toto-just for the purposes of equal opps at the BBC, and of course a male Dorothy, otherwise the public may complain re: The hunt it DEFINATELY on for Dorothy (and Toto!)

Really though, another one, and I personally cannot stand the Wizard of Oz-sorry but not even Barrowman is enough to make me sit through this. (and lord knows I've sat through some rubbish for him!)
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Does that mean the shows gonna be filled with 14-18 year old girls making Judy turn in her grave? I don't really like that tbh! re: The hunt it DEFINATELY on for Dorothy (and Toto!)
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Going to The Palladium.

Shame as Shrek was close to getting it.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah when ALW said on his video blog end of 2010/early 2011 I thought its bound to be the Palladium.

Hated Shrek on Broadway so I guess id prefer Oz over that
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When this was announced, the Palladium was the first theatre I thought of for the show.
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They thought Sister Act would pack it out they may not be able to do it end of 2010 ... now I think they may need to find a Summer filler before Wizard of Oz...