Billy Elliot Day Seats?

jennamajig Profile Photojennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Billy Elliot Day Seats?#1
Posted: 8/19/09 at 6:49pm
Hi folks:

Touched down in London this morning and after touring the Victoria Line area with my friend, I caught the evening show of Les Mis. Review to come soon.

Question: Day seating for Billy Elliot...they sell for matinees and evenings at 12 noon for 25 GBP, correct? What is a good time to get in line to queue for these? I tried searching for info on this on the board, didn't find much, and find some info on Theatremonkey.com. Anyone try recently?

Thanks!
Jen
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Billy Elliot Day Seats?#2
Posted: 8/20/09 at 5:19am
I got day seats last Saturday. There is a sign outside saying that they go on sale at 10.30am however they sold them from 10.00am when the box office opened. My partner queued up from about 9.15am and there was only 3 or 4 other people there then. I got there about 10.35 and they had one seat left for row a stalls and a few on the side banks on Circle, this was for the evening perf and they seemed to have quite a few left for the matinee too.

Hope this helps

btw despite their warnings about these seats being restricted view due to the height of the stage, it just wasn't a problem at all and i missed virtually nothing. Great value.
jennamajig Profile Photojennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Billy Elliot Day Seats?#2
Posted: 8/20/09 at 7:05pm
^Thanks!

I ended up dropping by the box office at about 11:15 today to see if they still had day seats and managed to snag the last two to the evening performance (Stalls, A 1&2). Just got back from the show and enjoyed just as much as my NYC viewing :).