Page: 1

Since both Virgin Records are closed in the West End....where is there a good record/cd/dvd store?

nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Any recommendations in The West End to buy cds/dvds since both Virgin Megastores are closed up?
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oxford Street currently has two HMV stores which still hold an impressive range of stock.
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks so much! I'll definately check them out when I'm there. My hotel is right smack in the middle of The West End.

James1969 Profile PhotoJames1969 Profile Photo
James1969
Understudy
Understudy
And don't forget Dress Circle
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, thank you about Dress Circle. What a wonderful shop! I went there 2 years ago, when I was in London. The map that I had wasn't very good and I kept getting lost and going down the wrong streets......ha, ha.. But, I remember it's near the theatre where "Chicago" is playing.

I wish Elaine Paige was performing in concert when I'll be there. She's beyond extraordinary!
James1969 Profile PhotoJames1969 Profile Photo
James1969
Understudy
Understudy
Dress Circle is in Monmouth Street - off Seven Dials practicallly opposite the Cambridge theatre.

I am sure I'll be in there next Saturday - how lon are you in London for ?
Nickhutson Profile PhotoNickhutson Profile Photo
Nickhutson
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The HMV in Piccadilly is quite impressive too. It's large, and is open until midnight, 6 days a week. Dress Circle is amazing, too.

The Westfield Mall is also very impressive. It has an HMV, too - but is worth visiting just to see the building, restaurants and amazingly smart shops it has.
Nick Hutson Co-Presenter/Producer MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is a pain in the neck they closed the one in Times Square

Their landlord forced them out while they were still making money. The new tenant never came in & it is still sitting there vacant. Big space to fill in a normal economy but good luck now

What they should have is a place that sells CD'S & DVD'S & that's it.Virgin was selling too much stuff.
Poster Emeritus