Page: 1

ARE DISNEY INSANE !

Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ARE DISNEY INSANE !#1
Posted: 7/18/09 at 6:42am
ok so taking the show to holland is fine and cant wait for a cast recording ! but to cast mary doing a relaity tv show ! what will be thought of next ! and the international tour cast were on the musical gala awards and were amazing ! nice to see caroline back in the cast !
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: ARE DISNEY INSANE !#2
Posted: 7/18/09 at 7:08am
Well, I would not be worried, actually I am not; they did so well chosing Ron Link for the title role of Tarzan and Brigitte Heitzer who won the role of Evita was a great choice as well.
Updated On: 7/18/09 at 07:08 AM
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ARE DISNEY INSANE !#2
Posted: 7/18/09 at 7:29am
well yea tarzan they did do well ! but im just not sure
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ARE DISNEY INSANE !#3
Posted: 7/18/09 at 8:27am
no very cleaver id say, and why - not theatre is a business after all. Its the perfect role for reality treatment. The show hasnt been a mega hit in the same way Lion King continues to be so why not give it a bit of a boost in a country with a proven track record of doing this well and choosing a great winner

Heres the performance on the countrys theatre awards, the Mary contestants followed by our very own (and brilliant) Caroline Sheen with a rather hot Bert (him plus the current Broadway Burts must be the hottest so far! lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OQwtwLt4Hs

MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: ARE DISNEY INSANE !#4
Posted: 7/18/09 at 9:19am
Well, whoever will be cast as Mary Poppins am so going to see it anyway since I love Maike Boerdam who will play be Mrs Banks and William Spaaij who will be Bert. lol
boyfromoz2 Profile Photoboyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ARE DISNEY INSANE !#5
Posted: 7/18/09 at 5:20pm
When I saw Tarzan earlier this year I saw one of the "Op zoek naar Mary Poppins" contestants, Bente van den Brand. She played Jane during the second half of the show (both Ron Link and Chantal Janzen went off at interval), but was great.

I would love for Chantal Janzen to be cast, but sadly that won't be happening.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ARE DISNEY INSANE !#6
Posted: 7/18/09 at 10:18pm
I suspect that Mary for the Australian production will be cast from a reality TV show.