Según comunican el Teatro de la Maestranza y la Real Orquesta Sinfónica de Sevilla, la caída de un importante patrocinio hace inviable el desarrollo del proyecto. Los conciertos iban a contar con la dirección de Alfonso Casado y las voces de Gerónimo Rauch, Louise Dearman, Tam Mutu y Laura Osnes.
MISS SAIGON made its highly anticipated return to London on May 21, 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. TheatrePeople.com was on the scene to catch up with Sir Cameron Mackintosh, Eva Noblezada and more on the night of - check out interviews with the cast and crew below!
Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg's MISS SAIGON makes its highly anticipated return to London tonight, May 21, 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. Let's see what the critics had to say...
MISS SAIGON made its highly anticipated return to London last night, May 21, 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. Check out photos from the starry red carpet below!
MISS SAIGON made its highly anticipated return to London last night, May 21, 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. Check out photos from the curtain call, and party below!
MISS SAIGON made its highly anticipated return to London tonight, May 21, 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. The show just tweeted a photo from the production's opening night bows in the West End -- check it out below!
MISS SAIGON will make its highly anticipated return to the West End tonight, May 21, 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. In a recent interview with the Telegraph, producer Cameron Mackintosh admits to regrets from the original production.
Miss Saigon sparked quite a controversy back when it opened on Broadway in 1991, when Jonathan Pryce was cast as the Engineer, a character of Eurasian decent. Mackintosh now admits that it was his 'biggest mistake.' He told Telegraph: 'I said it was a storm in an Oriental tea-cup, thinking I was being clever. I was actually being stupid."
MISS SAIGON will make its highly anticipated return to the West End tomorrow, May 21, 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. Scroll down for several new production photos in anticipation of tomorrow's opening!
London's West End has been abuzz for weeks about the highly anticipated return of Miss Saigon, featuring a new 25th anniversary production, directed by Laurence Connor, who's helped bring us new productions of other Cameron Mackintosh shows including The Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. Now according to the New York Times, the production will make its way to Broaday in 2015 if 'reviews are strong in Britain and a suitable theater becomes available in New York.'
London's West End has been abuzz for weeks about the highly anticipated return of Miss Saigon, featuring a new 25th anniversary production, directed by Laurence Connor, who's helped bring us new productions of other Cameron Mackintosh shows including The Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables in new stagings.
London's West End has been abuzz for weeks about the highly anticipated return of Miss Saigon, featuring a new 25th anniversary production, directed by Laurence Connor, who's helped bring us new productions of other Cameron Mackintosh shows including The Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables in new stagings.
London's West End has been abuzz for weeks about the highly anticipated return of Miss Saigon, featuring a new 25th anniversary production, directed by Laurence Connor, who's helped bring us new productions of other Cameron Mackintosh shows including The Phantom of the Opera, and Les Miserables in new stagings.
So far, the early reports are great, and on Facebook, the production gave the world a first glimpse at the return of the helicopter!
Miss Saigon, currently booking for performances through to Saturday 25th October 2014, will make its highly anticipated return to the West End on Saturday 3 May 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. In the video below, the new cast gives a shoutout to fans from the theatre!
Miss Saigon, currently booking for performances through to Saturday 25th October 2014, will make its highly anticipated return to the West End on Saturday 3 May 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. Rehearsals for the revival are currently underway in London - and you can go behind the scenes of rehearsal below!
Miss Saigon, currently booking for performances through to Saturday 25th October 2014, will make its highly anticipated return to the West End on Saturday 3 May 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. Rehearsals for the revival are currently underway in London - and you can check out a video featuring Eva Noblezada (Kim) arriving in London, introductions from the creative team, and behind-the-scenes content from the rehearsal studio!
Miss Saigon, currently booking for performances through to Saturday 25th October 2014, will make its highly anticipated return to the West End on Saturday 3 May 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. Rachelle Ann Go will be the new 'Gigi' in the show and she recently revealed in an interview with Hola! that she has original star Lea Salonga to thank for the role.
Go told Hola!: 'It's Miss Lea (Salonga) who really told me to go for the audition. But before that, I got to watch Miss Saigon in Canada in 2010. When I watched it, I told myself, "One day, I will do that." So in 2012, there was an audition and my friends encouraged me, but I was afraid. But eventually, they persuaded me, so I tried it out here in Manila.'
Miss Saigon, currently booking for performances through to Saturday 25th October 2014, will make its highly anticipated return to the West End on Saturday 3 May 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th anniversary year. In the video below, watch the new 'Gigi,' Rachelle Ann Go, perform 'Movie in My Mind'
Los dias 16 y 17 de julio Alfonso Casado (Los Miserables, Miss Saigon) dirigira un concierto con la Real Orquesta Sinfonica de Sevilla en el que participaran Geronimo Rauch, Louise Dearman, Tam Mutu y Laura Osnes.
Será un curso intensivo de fin de semana, y se podrá elegir entre dos fines de semana distintos para cursarlo, ambos en el mes de marzo. César Belda se ocupará de la dirección musical.
Cameron Mackintosh has announced that Korean star Kwang-Ho Hong will play 'Thuy' in his forthcoming new production of MISS SAIGON. This now completes the casting for the show which makes its highly anticipated return to the West End onSaturday 3 May 2014 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in the musical's 25th Anniversary Year. MISS SAIGON is currently booking for performances through to Saturday 25th October 2014. To watch a special video about Kwang-Ho Hong, please go to www.miss-saigonvideo.com/press