Music, Theatre, Dance and Magic Comes to Symphony Space's 2014-15 'Just Kidding' Series
About Just Kidding at Symphony Space - Just Kidding attracts hundreds of kids and their grownups for one of the most reliable, exciting and value-driven performing arts options available anywhere in the nation. Time Out New York Kids calls Just Kidding "the best concert series for kids" with "a jam-packed bill of family programming." The Boston Globe commends it as "an affordable way to introduce children to live entertainment in a safe, inviting, and family-friendly environment." And the Parents' Choice Foundation advises, "For kid and family friendly entertainment in the city, look no further."
Just Kidding Birthday Fun - Two new "Just Kidding" birthday packages are designed to make party planning easy, engaging and enriching for everyone involved. Two options allow kids to interact directly with Just Kidding artists, while enjoying tasty snacks, a cake, free music, and a few pairs of extra hands to help parents wrangle the kids. Families may choose between the value option: Just Kidding Theatre Party or the premium option: Just Kidding Front Row Party, which includes a customized performance by a Just Kidding artist. Rates for 15 or more attendees (ages 2+) begin at $550. Information is available at www.symphonyspace.org/group-sales-birthday-parties or by calling (212) 864-1414, ext. 289.
Tickets and location: - Symphony Space is located at 2537 Broadway, New York, NY 10025 (Upper Westside, at 95th Street). Individual ticket prices for Just Kidding performances range from $9 to $26. A $65 Family Pass deal (good for 4 tickets in any combination) will be available for each show, and discounted tickets are also available for Symphony Space members. Details about all performances are available at www.symphonyspace.org/justkidding
Sunday Shows at Just Kidding, 2014-15:
· November 2 at 4 pm: PhilharMONSTER! -- a ghostly conductor leads an orchestra of young players in this popular annual classical music performance.
· November 9 at 11 am: Squirrel Stole My Underpants-- an adventuresome puppet theatre event with jazzy live music; the audience helps find the stolen underpants (also plays on Saturday, November 8th).
· December 28 at 11 am: Catskill Puppet Theater: Sister Rain and Brother Sun -- An uplifting nature tale with original music, storytelling, and vibrant over-sized puppets. (also plays on Saturday, December 27th).
· January 11 at 11 am and 2 pm: Mike Super: Magic and Illusions -- mind-bending magic by an "America's Got Talent" star
· January 11 at 3 pm: Stam-Pede -- percussive dance showcase with some of the top troupes in the nation...an annual blockbuster event!
· January 18 at 11 am: Tim Kubart -- The NYC based star of Sprout TV's "Sunny Side Up" show brings his poppy tunes to the stage (also plays on Saturday, January 17).
· February 8 at 11 am: The Pop-Ups -- A Brooklyn based duo performing songs from their latest hit album "Appetite for Construction." (also plays on Saturday, February 7).
· March 8 at 11 am: Beats, Rhymes and Breaking -- The Mazama City Crew returns with their blockbuster explosive breakdance show (also plays on Saturday, March 7).