Mid-South Youth Tackle Shakespeare
Playhouse on the Square, in partnership with Theatre Education super sponsor AutoZone/Artszone, present an original adaptation to William Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew.
Kate is now Kat, or better known by her Roller Derby name 'The Mad Katter,' and the guys are so into Dungeons and Dragons that they don't know what hit them when Kat and Bianca come rolling into their lives.
The Teens iN Theatre program provides a performance and learning venue for 12-17 year olds from schools around the Mid-South. Teens must audition for the troupe and performances occur in the fall and spring. Students in Mid-South area schools are represented from Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi public, private, and home school institutions. TiNT is one of the 13 education and outreach programs run through The Circuit Playhouse, Inc that touch the lives of nearly 30,000 children, teens, and adults annually.
The Shrew on Wheels complete cast list, along with the cast members' represented school, is as follows:
- Kat - Milla Meiman, White Station High School (sophomore)
- Bianca - Ryleigh Deeley, St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School (eighth grade)
- Dad/Chris - James Boyd, Bartlett High School (senior)
- Mom - Maggie Dearmore, White Station High School (sophomore)
- Emily/Thomas - Lacy Ferrell, St. Mary's Middle School (seventh grade)
- Parker - Andrerrious Hill, The Soulsville Charter School (sophomore)
- Liz - Dinah Keegin, White Station Middle School (eighth grade)
- Leslie/Joffrey - Hadley Kennedy, Maxine Smith T-STEM Academy East High (sophomore)
- Kelly/ Drew - Grace O'Grady, Hernando Middle School (eighth grade)
- Travis - August Pepple, Memphis Area Home Ed Assoc. (senior)
- Maude - Maddie Shanklin, Homeschool (freshman)
- Sarah/Hunter - Delaney Smith, White Station Middle School (eighth grade)
- Swing/ Understudy - Allison Miller, Crosstown High School (freshman)
- Stage Manager - Marley Metzler, White Station High School (senior)
Performances will run Saturday, May 4th 2pm & Saturday-Wednesday, May 5th-8th 7pm. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the door. Donations to TiNT and all Theatre Education programs can be made by visiting their website www.playhouseonthesquare.org/education.