Peter Cetera To Perform At The Kauffman Center
Peter Cetera will perform at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday, Feb. 18 as part of the 2017-2018 Kauffman Center Presents series.
Known for his time as lead singer of the rock band Chicago and for his successful solo career, Cetera is a GRAMMY Award-winning singer-songwriter. He will perform with a seven-piece electric band at 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 18 in Muriel Kauffman Theatre. Tickets for the event range from $39 to $109 plus applicable fees, and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 15.
GRAMMY Award-winning singer-songwriter Peter Cetera has had two distinct musical careers. From 1968 to 1986, Cetera was the singer, songwriter and bass player for the legendary rock group Chicago. In Cetera's time with the group, Chicago recorded 18 of the most memorable albums of a generation, including such hits as "If You Leave Me Now," "Hard to Say I'm Sorry," "Baby What a Big Surprise," and "You're the Inspiration."
A solo artist since 1986, Cetera has recorded 10 time-honored albums including his No. 1 hits - the Academy Award-nominated song "The Glory of Love" from the movie The Karate Kid II; "The Next Time I Fall" with Amy Grant; "Feels Like Heaven" with Chaka Khan; "After All" with Cher, from the motion picture Chances Are; "No Explanation" from the movie Pretty Woman; and the unforgettable "Restless Heart."
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features exceptional and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Upcoming events include:
• Tuesday, January 9 - National Geographic Live: Brian Skerry - Ocean Wild - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, February 6 - National Geographic Live: Florian Schulz - Into the Arctic Kingdom - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, February 18 - Peter Cetera - 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, March 6 - National Geographic Live: Cristina Mittermeier - Standing at the Water's Edge - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 - Riverdance - The 20th Anniversary World Tour - 7:30 p.m. March 16; 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. March 17, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, May 1 - National Geographic Live: Terry Virts - View from Above - 7:30 p.m. May 1, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, June 5 - National Geographic Live: Pete McBride & Kevin Fedarko - Between River and Rim - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2017-2018 season. Updates are available at www.kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts - a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie - opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.
Thanks to Kauffman Center Presents series sponsors for their generous support of the 2017-2018 season: Saint Luke's Health System, PNC Bank, and Aristocrat Motors and Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City.