Back to Jobs | View More Full Time Jobs - Creative Listings
Reports to: Production Manager
Time Commitment: Full-time. Occasional nights and weekends required.
Salary Range & other benefits can be found on our website: https://www.cfrt.org/about-us/#employment-auditions
• Ensures all technical aspects of the production work smoothly and safely
• Coordinates between the artistic and technical departments
• Creates construction drawings that translate set designer’s ideas into workable plan for carpenter(s)
• Coordinates with lighting and sound as well as the rehearsal schedule for the installation of the set and on stage time.
• Coordinates with the director and stage manager to ensure actor safety and fulfillment of director’s vision
• Oversees the placement and safety of any elements that are placed over the stage (rigging) and coordinating with lighting and fly crews.
• Works alongside carpenter, painter and lighting crews as needed
• Knowledge and understanding of all aspects involved in technical theatre, including construction, lighting equipment, rigging and sound.
• AutoCAD drafting
• Carpentry and best practices to ensure safety of staff
• Knowledge of vector works and CNC drafting/routing a plus
• Excellent people and time management skills a must
• Knowledge of Microsoft, and ability to learn other software systems as needed
• Ability to problem-solve
• Self-motivated individual, requiring minimal supervision
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills
• Strong creative skills
• Courteous, professional, good team-player and good sense of humor
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Budgeting experience
• Scenic Design experience a plus
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org