The CSO's Concerts For Kids To Celebrate Halloween With MONSTER BOOGIE
As part of the CSO's Concerts for Kids series, newly appointed Assistant Conductor Andrés Lopera will conduct the Columbus Symphony in "Monster Boogie," a special Halloween-themed, hour-long concert for kids aged 2-10. The concert will include themes from popular Hollywood films such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, and Ghostbusters as well as spooky classical music favorites. Families are invited to dress up in their ghoulish best and compete for prizes in pre-concert Halloween costume contests, plus vote for their favorite CSO musician costume.
Pre-concert activities will begin at 2pm in the Ohio Theatre lobby, and will include:
- "Monster Mash" dance area
- Instruments to see and play from the Loft Violin Shop and Music & Arts
- Crafting with the Columbus Museum of Art
- Conducting lessons with the CSO's principal cellist Luis Biava
- Musical fun with WeJoySing
- Temporary musical tattoos
- Meet the CSO's mascot Bee-thoven and Mr. Sunny from Sunny 95!
Outside the Ohio Theatre:
- Graeter's ice cream truck
The Columbus Symphony's Concerts for Kids presents "Monster Boogie" at the Ohio Theatre (39 E. State St.) on Sunday, October 14, at 3pm. Recommended for ages 2-10, the concert will last approximately one hour. Tickets are $12.50 for adults and $8.50 for children, and can be purchased at the CAPA Ticket Center (39 E. State St.), all Ticketmaster outlets, and www.ticketmaster.com. To purchase tickets by phone, please call (614) 469-0939 or (800) 745-3000.