High Concept Labs Announces Fall 2018 Open House
High Concept Laboratories NFP (HCL), a Chicago-based arts service organization and artist incubator, today announced its Fall 2018 Open House Artist Showcase, taking place Thursday, Oct. 25 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. at Constellation. The biannual event welcomes the public to enjoy drinks, food and special performances from artists participating in HCL's Sponsored Artist Program (SAP), sharing emergent work across music, dance, and participatory art forms.
"High Concept Labs works with artists from all backgrounds and walks of life to develop and collaborate on creative work that pushes boundaries and transcends disciplines," said Billie Howard, artistic director of HCL. "The Open House is our favorite way to share that work with Chicago, and more importantly, give Chicagoans the opportunity to participate in something truly unique and out of the ordinary."
Participating artists for the Fall 2018 Open House include:
- Matt Bodett, multimedia artist and mental health advocate - highconceptlabs.org/matt-bodett/
- David Hall & Julia Pello, media, literature, and performance artists - highconceptlabs.org/jhall-pello/
- Brittany Harlin, choreographer, dancer and somatic theorist - highconceptlabs.org/brittany-harlin/
- Meg Leary, performance artist and singer - highconceptlabs.org/meg-leary/
- Opera Butoh Lab, hybrid theater collaboration - highconceptlabs.org/operabutohlab/
- Andy Slater, sound artist and disabilities advocate - highconceptlabs.org/andy-slater/
- Marcela Torres, performance artist and social strategist - highconceptlabs.org/marcela-torres/
- Zafa Collective, contemporary classical music ensemble - highconceptlabs.org/zafa-collective/
- Shonna Pryor, conceptual painter and multimedia artist - highconceptlabs.org/shonna-pryor/
- and many more.
Each Open House includes new works and installations by present and past Sponsored Artists, providing Chicagoans opportunity to interact with new creations by leading artists from Chicago and abroad, highlighting their impact and interaction with the city's dynamic arts community.
Tickets go on sale Sept. 1 and start at $15. Light appetizers are offered gratis and the venue includes a cash bar.
Constellation is located at 3111 N. Western Avenue, near the intersection of Belmont and Western and steps from CTA bus lines 49 and 77. Street parking is available.
To purchase tickets and learn more about the Fall 2018 Open House artists, visit highconceptlabs.org/fall2018/.
High Concept Laboratories NFP supports artists and facilitates dialogue between artists, audiences, and staff members. This increases access and transparency to the artistic process and fosters transformational experiences in an environment of experimentation and discovery.
HCL is supported in part by the generosity of The Chicago Community Trust, The MacArthur Funds for Arts and Culture at The Richard H. Driehaus Foundation, The City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events, Illinois Arts Council Agency, The Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation, The Cliff Dwellers Arts Foundation, The Arts Work Fund for Organizational Development, Harris Theater for Music and Dance, The Martha Struthers Farley and Donald C. Farley, Jr. Family Foundation, N.A., The Norwottuck Charitable Trust, The Samuel J. Baskin Charitable Trust, Mana Contemporary and individual donors.
For more information, visit highconceptlabs.org.