Ovation Premieres SONG BY SONG: DOLLY PARTON, 3/10
Following the success of its limited series Song by Song: Johnny Cash last fall, Ovation is launching Song by Song as an ongoing original series. Kicking off the series this year will be SONG BY SONG: Dolly Parton, premiering March 10 at 8:00 pm ET.
SONG BY SONG: Dolly Parton will feature an exclusive interview with Dolly herself as she shares her most intimate memories and stories about the inspiration and impact of six of her most popular songs in six dedicated episodes.
"Country music is a quintessential American art form. Dolly Parton's singing and songwriting talent has made her a music icon and she has inspired countless other musical artists. We would be remiss if we did not include a tribute to Dolly in our popular SONG BY SONG series," said Robert Weiss, Chief Creative Officer for Ovation.
Having written over 650 songs and selling more than 100 million albums, Dolly Parton is an American inspiration. The recipient of numerous Grammy Awards and the Lifetime Achievement Award, Country Music's Entertainer of the Year Award, two Oscar nominations, a Tony Award nomination and the prestigious Kennedy Center Honor, Dolly Parton's successful career has transcended music, television, theatre and film.
In addition to Dolly Parton, the series will also feature interviews with many artists, colleagues and friends who have known and worked with her over the years, including Lily Tomlin, Kristin Chenoweth, Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, Miley Cyrus, Mac Davis, Miranda Lambert, Kenny Rogers, Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, Janis Ian, record producer Kent Wells, recording executive Jody Williams, record producer Steve Buckingham, Dolly's band leader Michael Davis, director Duncan Tucker, singer/songwriters Lindi Ortega, Marty Stuart, Mindy Smith, Brandi Carlile and Jim Lauderdale, the Bluegrass group Grascals and biographer Alanna Nash. The series is narrated by Ray Van Ness.
• I Will Always Love You, which Whitney Houston recorded and eventually became the bestselling single of all time by a female artist. Premiering Sunday, March 10 at 8:00 pm ET.
• 9 to 5,the Oscar-nominated and #1 Billboard song from the hit film starring Dolly, which became a national anthem for office workers. Premiering Sunday, March 10 at 8:30 pm ET.
• Coat of Many Colors, composed with Porter Wagoner, and often referred to as Dolly's autobiographical song. Premiering Sunday, March 17 at 8:00 pm ET.
• Jolene, from her popular album of the same name and ranked on the Rolling Stone list of "500 Greatest Songs of All Time." Premiering Sunday, March 17 at 8:30 pm ET.
• Travelin' Thru, the Golden Globe, Grammy, and Oscar-nominated song from the film, Transamerica. Premiering Sunday, March 24 at 8:00 pm ET.
• It's All Wrong, But It's All Right, which became Dolly's seventh #1 country single as a solo artist. Premiering Sunday, March 24 at 8:30 pm ET.
SONG BY SONG: Dolly Parton will also air on VOD and TVE starting March 3.