WAKE UP with BWW 4/6/2015 - Helen Hayes Awards, 20TH CENTURY Stars at 92Y and More!
Good morning, BroadwayWorld! Because we know all our readers eat, sleep and breathe Broadway, what could be better than waking up to it? Today's big news: The Helen Hayes Awards are set for tonight, ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY heads to 92Y and more!
TODAY'S TOP ITEMS:
- The 2015 Helen Hayes Awards will be handed out tonight in Washington, D.C.
- Marin Mazzie and more lead Project Shaw's MISALLIANCE reading tonight...
- A slew of stars line up to benefit St. Jude Children's Hospital tonight at the Highline Ballroom!
- And ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY's Kristin Chenoweth and Peter Gallagher appear at the 92Y.
NEWS YOU MISSED THIS WEEKEND:
- All four Hedwigs (right) surprised Lena Hall during her final bow in Broadway's HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH!
- A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER has recouped!
- CATS is officially aiming for a Broadway return in 2016...
- Eve Best and Kelly Reilly joined Clive Owen in Roundabout's OLD TIMES.
- We got a first look at footage of Chilina Kennedy in Broadway's BEAUTIFUL!
- And a group of actors are petitioning for Actors Equity to boycott Indiana...
Broadway Weather Forecast: High of 64 and mostly sunny! Happy Monday!
Quote of the Day: A word from birthday boy Paul Rudd...
Video of the Day: Check out the MISCAST 2015 performance of CHICAGO's "Cell Block Tango"!
And a Happy Birthday shout-out to Paul Rudd, who turns 46 today!
Rudd last starred on Broadway in Grace. Among his other credits on the Great White Way are Three Days of Rain, The Play What I Wrote, Twelfth Night and The Last Night of Ballyhoo. He has also appeared off-Broadway in The Shape of Things. The actor is well known for his roles in the Anchorman movies, as well as This Is 40, I Love You, Man, Role Models, Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Wet Hot American Summer, The Cider House Rules and Clueless. Among his TV credits are Parks and Recreation, Friends and Sisters. He will soon be seen in the title role of Marvel's Ant-Man film, out this summer.
See you bright and early tomorrow, BroadwayWorld!