Come Little Children... HOCUS POCUS Parody Flies at Rockwell Table & Stage
Rockwell Table & Stage will put "A Spell On" audiences this fall with The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Hocus Pocus. It's "trick or treat" time in this all-new live interpretation of the hilarious Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy Halloween tale, running Saturdays at 8 pm and Sundays at 12 noon from tonight, Sept. 29, through Nov. 19, 2016. Tickets on sale now at www.rockwell-la.com.
Continuing her tradition of turning cult classics into "unauthorized" musicals, Executive Producer/co-writer Kate Pazakis unites once again with Director Tye Blue and Co-writer John Flynn to brew the cauldron for an homage that will leave audiences spellbound!
When three witches come back to life on Halloween to feed on the youth of the world, two teenagers, a young girl and a once-human cat will have to stop them. In the eighth Unauthorized Musical Parody of her hit series, Pazakis takes a song-filled swipe at the 1993 family comedy Hocus Pocus. Brimming with jokes, music, witchcraft, magic and creepy fun, The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Hocus Pocus puts a new spin on the cult favorite at Rockwell Table & Stage in Los Feliz, CA.
The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Hocus Pocus features an all-star cast that includes:
- Sarah Sanderson (the film's Sarah Jessica Parker), an overly flirtatious and eccentric youngest sister will be alternately portrayed by "Dancing with the Stars" alumni Rumer Willis, along with Ava Gaudet and Haviland Stillwell.
- Winifred "Winnie" Sanderson (the film's Bette Midler), a resourceful, devious older sister will be depicted alternately by Marissa Jaret Winokur ("Hairspray The Musical") and Becky Baeling Lythgoe.
- Mary Sanderson, (the film's Kathy Najimy) a vacuum riding, gullible middle sister will be alternately played by Teya Patt and Cynthia Sciacca.
- Max Dennison, the love-stricken and heroic teenager who accidently brings back the Sanderson Sisters, but ultimately saves the day will alternately be depicted by Tom Lenk ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") and Benjamin Schrader ("Book of Mormon").
- Allison, Max's love interest with the great "yabbos" will be alternately played by Ashley Argorta ("ABC's The Fosters") and Kelly Jakle ("Pitch Perfect").
- Dani Dennison, the adorable, curly-haired little sister of Max will be alternately depicted by Lana McKissack and Cailtlin Gallogly.
- Thackary Binx, the Immortal black cat, who becomes overly protective of Dani Dennison, will be alternately played by Tom DeTrinis and Conor E.K Dagenfield.
- Billy Butcherson, Winifred's zombie ex, whom she poisoned and sewed his mouth shut when she found out about the affair he had with her sister Sarah, will be alternately portrayed by Spencer Strong Smith and Nathan Moore.
- Peter Vogt ("Princess Diaries"), John Flynn along with a bevy of celebrity guest will take on the role of narrator.
"This is the ultimate Halloween film featuring my favorite character women of all time," says Pazakis. "we are thrilled to have many surprise guest performances as well as an all star cast of Broadway/Film/TV actors and even a Tony Award winner."
Frightfully fun tickets are on sale now. Performances run Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 12 noon, from Sept. 29 to Nov. 10, 2016. Rockwell Table & Stage is located in Los Feliz at 1714 N. Vermont Ave, Los Angeles. 323-669-1550 For more information, visit www.rockwell-la.com.