Lunch with Sarah Jessica Parker, DAILY SHOW Tickets & More Up for Bid in 7th Annual RFK Center Ripple of Hope Holiday Auction
The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights (RFKCenter.org) launched its Seventh Annual Ripple of Hope Holiday Auction with support from some of the world's most recognizable celebrities spanning entertainment, sports, music, and politics. The online auction is open to bidders internationally through December 17 at RFKAUCTION.COM. Proceeds will support the RFK Center's work to empower fearless human rights defenders and inspire a new generation of defenders through its human rights curriculum.
Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jared Leto, Julianna Margulies, Jon Stewart, Kate Mulgrew, Joel Schumacher, and Bill Walton are just a few of the notable figures who have donated exclusive access and one-of-a-kind experiences.
"It's an honor to partner with such an incredible group of individuals-truly luminaries in their fields-who have generously contributed their time and talents to support the RFK Center's work," said Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center. "By bidding on these unforgettable experiences, donors will have a hand in advancing human rights efforts around the world, from the fields of New York State, to the mountains of indigenous Mexico, to the deserts of Western Sahara."
Auction highlights include:
- Lunch with Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick in NYC
- A Broadway weekend in New York, including two tickets to A Raisin in the Sun, a meeting backstage with one of the show's stars Anika Noni Rose, and two nights at the New York Hilton Midtown.
- Tickets to Motown on Broadway and a two-night stay at the Hyatt Union Square in New York.
- Meet Jared Leto and Thirty Seconds to Mars with two VIP tickets to an upcoming show
- Meet Julianna Margulies on the set of The Good Wife in Brooklyn, NY
- Meet Julia Louis-Dreyfus on the set of HBO's Veep in LA
- Lunch with Orange is the New Black chef "Red," Kate Mulgrew, in NYC
- Pitch Hollywood director, screenwriter and producer Joel Schumacher with a one-hour meeting in NYC
- Enjoy a walk-on role in Paul Haggis' next film on location in the UK
- Meet Jon Stewart with four tickets to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart in NYC
- Meet the cast when you visit the set of ABC's Trophy Wife, starring Marcia Gay Harden, Malin Akerman, and Natalie Morales
- Have coffee with Sam Waterston in NYC
- Tour Florentine Films' Studio with documentary filmmaker Ken Burns
- Score coveted premiere and after-party passes to August: Osage County, starring Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts
- Dine with "Double Down" authors Mark Halperin and John Heilemann at any exclusive New York restaurant
- Discuss politics over lunch in NYC with political strategist David Plouffe and Wall Street veteran Robert Wolf
- Create your own special event with basketball legend Bill Walton at his San Diego home
- Take home a guitar signed by Peter Frampton
- Join David Arquette for lunch and a night on the town in LA at Bootsy Bellows.
- Plus, lunches in LA with Paul Sorvino, Chad Lowe, Lorraine Bracco, Martin Sheen, Catherine Keener, and more
- Cheer on your kid at a Brooklyn Nets game as he joins the team in the high-five line
- Enjoy a star-studded night of country music at the CMA's with pre and after party passes
Bidding is open to supporters worldwide. The auction is held in conjunction with the Robert F. Kennedy Center's Ripple of Hope Holiday Gala, which this year honored Muhammad Yunus, John Boyer, and Niclas Matseke for their human rights work.
To date, the RFK Center's annual auctions have raised more than $4.7 million for the RFK Center's human rights efforts.
Photo by Walter McBride