Comscore

Children of Eden 1989 Demo

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/4/14 at 11:54pm
Has anybody heard the 1989 demo recording for Children of Eden? Is it any good? Does anybody know where I could find a copy?
Thanks

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.
Updated On: 3/4/14 at 11:54 PM
mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:37am
Well, via my own devices I found a copy and as a favor to everyone, I uploaded it to SoundCloud
Here it is, though it's not very good
Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.
mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/9/14 at 12:45am
I also have uploaded the London cast, for your listening pleasure.

Here it is, and it is much better
Updated On: 3/9/14 at 12:45 AM
JamieHT
Stand-by
Posted: 3/9/14 at 08:17pm
I've got the CD of the Original Cast. Do you know who the demo cast are ? Who's singing with Frances on In Whatever Time We Have and who's singing on Children of Eden as it doesn't sound like Shezwae Powell ?
Once you start to spread it, Baby, if you let it, Love comes right on back to you . . .
TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
Leading Actor
Posted: 3/9/14 at 09:21pm
Martin Smith is Adam on the demo, as he was in the OLC, and it might be Graham Bickley singing on In Whatever....though i could be wrong.
I have a different demo of Lost In The Wilderness, sung by Gavin Creel.

Im not a huge fan of Stranger To The Rain, but like the version on the OLC, though i found this that i think is very telling about the OLC version. When asked about the song Stephen Schwartz wrote: The arrangement of "Stranger to the Rain" was done by John Cameron at the request of (some might say the insistence of) Frances Ruffelle. I'm glad you like it, but I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm.

Ouch!

Updated On: 3/9/14 at 09:21 PM
mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
Posted: 3/9/14 at 09:25pm
The only other person I know is on the recording is Ray Shell

Message Board

Memphis West End 8 Posts
Hedwig 13 Posts

BWW BLOGS