okay I am an idiot

Stevie72
Stand-by
I hate the Gypsy casting
Posted: 2/15/14 at 07:02am
I was hoping Gypsy would be better cast !!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
I hate the Gypsy casting
Posted: 2/15/14 at 08:50am
Have not seen any casting! Who's in it?
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert***** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends**** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good -When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!*****. Zanna, Don't!***** West End Fest***** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime***** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen***** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway*****
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
I hate the Gypsy casting
Posted: 2/15/14 at 11:09am
Well nothing is official but imelda staunton, kevin wheatley and lara pulver

Not sold on imelda completely but from an acting point of view its an incredibly strong cast

And if you dont like it then don't go
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
I hate the Gypsy casting
Posted: 2/15/14 at 11:18am
Thanks, Princeton. I knew about Imelda, but not the other two. I agree with you (is that a first? lol) - VERY strong casting.

Never seen Kevin Whately on stage but I've loved him in every TV role he's played. And Lara Pulver is an awesome actress and is awesome vocally. Her presence alone will draw me to see this.
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert***** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends**** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good -When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!*****. Zanna, Don't!***** West End Fest***** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime***** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen***** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway*****
Hello doll!
Chorus Member
I hate the Gypsy casting
Posted: 2/15/14 at 02:00pm
Well I luv it. Ms Staunton was fab in Sweeney and the rumours have been going round for years and years about her playing Mama Rose. It will be her to chance to put up or shut up. I certainly am really looking forward to this long awaited show.
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
I hate the Gypsy casting
Posted: 2/15/14 at 03:09pm
I love Imelda! I secretly wanted her to be Jacks mother in the new Into the Woods movie coming out.
Stevie72
Stand-by
okay I am an idiot
Posted: 2/15/14 at 06:23pm
TBFL
Featured Actor
okay I am an idiot
Posted: 2/15/14 at 07:24pm
Gypsy is one of those shows that i've seen so many times that i dont really need to see it again for a while, but the casting of Lara Pulver will get me out to this one. Everyone always focuses on Mama Rose, but if June is not a great actress and doesnt get her story arc, its a very one sided show. Its not all about Mama. Ms Pulver was stunning in Parade and Sherlock and look foprward to seeing her in this.
chrissydee
Featured Actor
okay I am an idiot
Posted: 2/17/14 at 12:59pm
I think you mean Louise, not June (although June needs to be good too!)

I think Lara will be a brilliant Louise! This excites me. I just hope the production/direction is good, it's one of MT's strongest books, so if it's not handled well it can become campy... but this casting is looking promising! :)

theeatah
Featured Actor
okay I am an idiot
Posted: 2/26/14 at 04:16pm
I've never watched Morse or Lewis so I'm only familiar with Whateley's face. Still, he should be good for the show's profile if it transfers to the West End.

I'm glad Pulver has been cast. Laura Benanti has rather spoiled me in terms of well-sung Louise's. One note to Pulver (and every prospective Gypsy): DON'T OVERACT THE DRESSING ROOM SCENE BEFORE ROSE'S TURN! Victoria Hamilton-Barritt blew out her mike she was bellowing so much in one of the Leicester production performances.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
okay I am an idiot
Posted: 2/28/14 at 06:41pm
The only issue with Imelda playing Mama in Gypsy, you know she could play this role standing on her head, she is that good of an actress.

For those who cannot wait until later this year to see Imelda and I had the privilege of seeing her tonight where she was impeccable in the excellent 'Good People' at Hamstead Theatre.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Message Board

BWW BLOGS