Jersey Boys UK Tour

Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/29/14 at 05:53am
As per whatsonstage tweet

WhatsOnStage ?@WhatsOnStage 20m

Jersey Boys will tour UK (for the first time) from September 2014. More soon.
Expand
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/29/14 at 12:12pm
Interesting that it has announced a tour only a few months before it moves theatres, I'm sure it'll be a decent hit on tour though I wonder if it'll impact sales of the London production.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/29/14 at 01:49pm
Thinking the exact same thing, how a tour will hit the London box office, I imagine this tour, which didn't take me by surprise will play mostly ATG venues and places like Southampton, I wouldn't be surprised if the tour sat down in each venue for at least 2 months, will be a big hit, then because it is a relative cheap and incomplex piece of theatre it could easily play many of the small theatres. This tour could easily play to 3-4 million people, that's why it could hit the London box office.

Glad to see this happen though.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/29/14 at 03:34pm
Doing two weeks in most venues except a month on manchester and Birmingham over Christmas
Hello doll!
Chorus Member
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/29/14 at 03:59pm
It will be a huge hit in the provinces. I can hear the tills rolling!
Hello doll!
Chorus Member
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/29/14 at 03:59pm
It will be a huge hit in the provinces. I can hear the tills rolling!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/29/14 at 06:59pm
I think it will be a huge hit on tour. And there are lots of shows that have played on the West End concurrently with tour productions and have continued to thrive.

Saw Jersey Boys again tonight as it happens - really enjoyed it when I saw it years ago and wanted to see it again before my friend Will Barratt finishes his run as Bob Crewe. Thoroughly enjoyed it this time too! It is definitely one of the strongest of all the jukebox musicals. The current cast were all superb and Jon Lee was fantastic as Frankie.

Will be interesting to see the casting for the tour.
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway I(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert***** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends**** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good -When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!*****. Zanna, Don't!***** West End Fest***** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time***** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen***** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway****
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/29/14 at 09:51pm
ATG is one of the producers of the tour so it's not surprising it's going to their theatres mostly
dgjbear
Featured Actor
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/30/14 at 05:34am
Oh it'll probably go to the Hippodrome in Bristol then, which is probably the most uncomfortable theatre I've ever been in
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/30/14 at 10:11am

Manchester Palace - 4th September-4th October
Edinburgh Playhouse - 8th-25th October
Stoke Regent - 28th October-8th November
Hull New Theatre - 11th-22nd November
Sunderland Empire - 25th November-6th December
Birmingham Alexandra - 9th December-4th January 2015

More dates to be confirmed soon

Wonder if ATG will use their disastrous Manchester gets it first campaign?

2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar***
72arodney
Chorus Member
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/30/14 at 08:03pm
What's disastrous about it?
Stevie72
Stand-by
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/31/14 at 06:56am
This will sell more than hot cakes. I saw this in New York and loved it.
Stevie72
Stand-by
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/31/14 at 06:59am
phantom, I disagree I thought it was highly moving well excited theatre. I thought it was a stunning well directed and well written piece of theatre.Well deserving of its tony.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/31/14 at 08:21am
I haven't said anything critical about Jersey Boys, any show that gets best musical Olivier, Tony and Helpmann is certainly deserving, I don't get all the popularity.
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/31/14 at 09:41am
I thought I was going mad as I couldn't see any comment about the show from phantom of london.
Although personally I was very underwhelmed by it, wouldnt see it again
Stevie72
Stand-by
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/31/14 at 02:24pm
because it is a relative cheap and incomplex piece of theatre
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/31/14 at 02:39pm
To tour, refering to the physical production. Its not exactly The Lion King
Stevie72
Stand-by
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/31/14 at 07:35pm
yes but not bad for what it is
Stevie72
Stand-by
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 1/31/14 at 07:35pm
yes but not bad for what it is
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Jersey Boys UK Tour
Posted: 2/1/14 at 02:09am
Nobody said differently. But it will be an easy and cheap show to tour wheb compared to many other of the big west end shows on tour at the moment

Message Board

Miss Saigon Previews 119 Posts
Great Britain 8 Posts

BWW BLOGS