Emil and the detectives

dgjbear
Featured Actor
Emil and the detectives
Posted: 11/18/13 at 09:56am
Hello....Just wondered if anyone is seeing this during previews and how it is shaping up. The subject matter seems ripe for use of music and wondered if there is much in it. I'm going next month.
dgjbear
Featured Actor
Emil and the detectives
Posted: 12/6/13 at 06:02am
erm...guess not then lol
exedore
Broadway Legend
Emil and the detectives
Posted: 12/6/13 at 07:57pm
Saw it last weekend. Almost all the music is underscoring. Really great show for the family.
dgjbear
Featured Actor
Emil and the detectives
Posted: 12/17/13 at 06:35am
Yes me too. It just struck me as being ripe for being a musical. Good fun otherwise though and loved all the Fritz Lang type imagery.
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Emil and the detectives
Posted: 12/21/13 at 09:28pm
This is a fav movie/book. Next, Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin "Happiness is up to you. You just have to understand what it is before you get it." -Elaine Stritch

Message Board

Buyer and Cellar 1 Posts

BWW BLOGS