Christmas Show Tunes - Help Needed

JemmThreeRadio
Swing
Posted: 11/6/13 at 12:11pm
Hi there

I'm currently putting the Christmas musical theatre playlist together for JemmThree, a 24/7 digital radio station devoted to musical theatre. Do you have any suggestions of what we should be playing and what you'd like to hear?

Have some of the obvious ones from White Christmas, Christmas in New York, Mrs Santa Claus, Christmas Story, Elf, Scrooge and individual festive tracks from Annie, Last Five Years, She Loves Me, Mame, Songs For A New World, Catch me If You Can and a few more, but there must be loads more out there.

Any ideas? We want a musical theatre Christmas! Thank you.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/6/13 at 03:57pm
What about the Carols for a Cure albums that Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS puts out every year? Christmas songs done by shows currently playing on Broadway, so it's sort of what you're looking for..
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/6/13 at 08:09pm
There is also a cast album of How the Grinch Stole Christmas the musical which was just released as well as the musical version of Scrooge and Alan Menken's A Christmas Carol. You can't have a Christmas show tunes playlist without "A Place Called Home!"
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
West End Johnny
Swing
Posted: 11/7/13 at 02:52am
There's a CD I pull out every Christmas called "A Broadway Christmas" on Varese Sarabande. Then there's "A Muppet Christmas Carol" , which has some surprisingly good songs. And I see there's a new "A Very Broadway Christmas" CD including Matthew Morrison and Carol Channing being released on December 10th.

Updated On: 11/7/13 at 02:52 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/7/13 at 03:33am
How about Linda Eder's Christmas album, Christmas Stays The Same? It has a mix of traditional carols and Christmas songs plus 5 original songs for the Christmas season with music by Frank Wildhorn - plus, of course, it has the most gorgeous voice in the world! (And Linda has a new Christmas album which was released a couple of weeks ago available via her website.)

Also - there's the beautiful song Lovers On Christmas Eve from Cy Coleman and Michael Stewart's show I Love My Wife.

And God Bless Us Everyone from Menken & Ahrens' A Christmas Carol is an absolute must!
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables*****
JemmThreeRadio
Swing
Posted: 11/8/13 at 12:28pm
Fantastic, thanks everyone. Will take a listen to all of these. Excellent.

Message Board

Women on the Verge... 38 Posts

BWW BLOGS