Idina Menzel Performs at the Peabody, June 17th
Tony Award-winning actress, singer and songwriter Idina Menzel, star of Broadway's Wicked andthe original stage production of Rent, will tour North America, performing her brand new live show. Tickets can be purchased through local box offices or www.idinamenzel.com.
Garnering huge critical acclaim, Menzel reached superstardom on Broadway with her Tony Award-winning performance as Elphaba, the misunderstood green girl, in the blockbuster Wicked and in her Tony-nominated role as Maureen in the revolutionary Rent. This season, Menzel reprised her role on "Glee," FOX's smash hit television series, as Shelby Corcoran, Rachel's biological mother.
"I am so thrilled to be going back on tour this summer. I am eager to reconnect with my audience, perform my favorite songs and explore some exciting new material," said Menzel.
Amazing audiences with her captivating performances, Menzel has a diverse career on the stage, in film, television, and in music. On March 6th, she will release a CD and DVD entitled Idina Menzel LIVE: BAREFOOT AT THE SYMPHONY, a special journey through a diverse repertoire of classic pop and musical theater favorites, including a fresh spin on contemporary songs, led by legendary composer/conductor Marvin Hamlisch, filmed at The Royal Conservatory's beautiful Koerner Hall in Toronto, Canada. Idina Menzel LIVE: BAREFOOT AT THE SYMPHONY premieres on PBS stations beginning March 3, 2012 (check local listings).
Menzel also premiered Wicked in London's West End to rave reviews and received a Theatergoers Choice Award for Best Actress in a Musical. Menzel's talents garnered a Drama Desk Award nomination, as well as a Drama League Award nomination for her role in See What I Wanna See directed by Ted Sperling at The Public Theater. Menzel also appeared in ABC's television series "Private Practice."
Menzel's film credits include Disney's romantic fable, Enchanted where she appeared opposite Susan Sarandon, Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams; Rent, in which she reprised her role as Maureen; and a co-starring role in Robert Towne's Ask the Dust, opposite Selma Hayek and Colin Farrell.
June 1 Vancouver The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts
June 2 Seattle The Paramount Theatre
June 3 Portland Keller Auditorium
June 5 Modesto Gallo Center
June 7 San Francisco Davies Symphony Hall
- BWW Reviews: JERSEY BOYS is a Blast at the Fox Theatre
- BWW Reviews: Mustard Seed Theatre's Fascinating Production of GEE'S BEND
- BWW Reviews: The Rep's Revealing Production of OTHER DESERT CITIES
- BWW Reviews: Stray Dog Theatre's Consistently Amusing Production of THE LITTLE DOG LAUGHED
- BWW Reviews: Upstream Theater's Heart-Breaking FORGET ME NOT
- BWW Reviews: The New Jewish Theatre's Powerful Production of THE WHIPPING MAN
- BWW Reviews: New Line Off Line's Lively Cabaret, WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE?
- BWW Reviews: The Rep's Brilliant Production of THE OTHER PLACE
- BWW Reviews: St. Louis Actors' Studio's Intriguing Production of THE RIDE DOWN MOUNT MORGAN
- BWW Reviews: The Rep's Soaring Production of OPUS