GLEE's Alex Newell Performs at HELP IS ON THE WAY 19 Tonight
Alex has been a performer since he was a toddler, and has been performing in amateur shows since high school. He lost his father to cancer at the age of six and his love for acting and singing has helped him find a way to express his emotions. Extracurricular activities such as church choir, school choir, improv club and costume design keep him extremely busy. He has tremendous range and has the ability to tackle any lead role-both male or female! Alex was one of the 34,000 people to submit an audition video for "The Glee Project" via MySpace.
THE RICHMOND / ERMET AIDS FOUNDATION presents HELP IS ON THE WAY XIX: That's Entertainment - 19h Annual Gala. This year's all-star benefit concert features celebrities from Broadway, TV, Film and the recording industry. It's jazz, pop and live performance, up close and personal, from some of your favorite performers.
The 4 Bay Area AIDS Service Agencies that are the beneficiaries this year include: AIDS Housing Alliance, Aguilas, Project Open Hand and Shanti.
The gala is set for tonight, Aug. 18, 2013 at THE PALACE OF FINE ARTS, 3301 Lyon St. in SF 94123. Silent Auction & VIP Party: 5:00 pm; Pre-show Gala Reception: 6:00 - 7:30 pm - featuring complimentary hors d'oeuvres, wine tasting and martini & margarita bars; Concert: 7:30 - 10:00 pm; and Dessert & Wine Party with the cast: 10:00 - 11:45 pm.
General Reserved Seating - Performance Only Tickets - $65. Gala Tickets (includes pre-show Gala Reception) - $125. Doors open for the general public at 7:00 pm. For Tickets www.helpisontheway.org or call 415- 273 -1620. Underwriter tickets: gala pre-show reception, performance & post-show reception with cast - $150 and up www.helpisontheway.org or call 415/ 273- 1620.
The 2013 star-studded Cast for this year's gala feature stars from Broadway, Film, TVand the music industry, including (in alphabetical order...):
Jon Maher Sign language interpreter. Director: David Galligan. Musical Directors Richard Berent & Ben Prince
HELP IS ON THE WAY 19 is produced by The Richmond/Ermet AIDS Foundation, founded by Barbara Richmond and the late Peggy Ermet in memory of their sons, John Richmond and Doug Ermet, who both lost their lives to AIDS. In 1995, the two women decided not to get mad but get even when they launched a musical AIDS benefit to honor their sons by raising funds for AIDS service organizations. To date REAF has raised well over $2.7 million dollars for AIDS services.
- WE WILL ROCK YOU National Tour to Play Academy of Music, 1/14-19
- BP Oil Spill Inspired Play, SPILL, to Premiere at LSU's Reilly Theatre on 3/12
- TIMON OF ATHENS to Run 1/3-25 at Shakespeare Tavern
- THE JACKSONIAN's 12/15 Performance to Benefit the Actors Fund
- National Yiddish Theatre - Folksbiene's LIES MY FATHER TOLD ME to Close 12/15
- Deadline Extended Through 12/13 for Governor's Arts Awards Nominations
- Tituss Burgess, Morgan James & More To Take Part in Broadway Dreams Foundation's NIGHT OF DREAMS Tonight
- Martin Charnin to Receive Inaugural ASCAP Foundation's George M. Cohan Award
- Ringwald Theatre to Present THE SANTALAND DIARIES & SEASON'S GREETINGS, Begin. 12/20
- Julia Murney, Christina Bianco & Paul Anthony Stewart Set for Broadway Ballyhoo, 12/18