GLEE's Alex Newell Performs at HELP IS ON THE WAY 19 Tonight
Alex has been a performer since he was a toddler, and has been performing in amateur shows since high school. He lost his father to cancer at the age of six and his love for acting and singing has helped him find a way to express his emotions. Extracurricular activities such as church choir, school choir, improv club and costume design keep him extremely busy. He has tremendous range and has the ability to tackle any lead role-both male or female! Alex was one of the 34,000 people to submit an audition video for "The Glee Project" via MySpace.
THE RICHMOND / ERMET AIDS FOUNDATION presents HELP IS ON THE WAY XIX: That's Entertainment - 19h Annual Gala. This year's all-star benefit concert features celebrities from Broadway, TV, Film and the recording industry. It's jazz, pop and live performance, up close and personal, from some of your favorite performers.
The 4 Bay Area AIDS Service Agencies that are the beneficiaries this year include: AIDS Housing Alliance, Aguilas, Project Open Hand and Shanti.
The gala is set for tonight, Aug. 18, 2013 at THE PALACE OF FINE ARTS, 3301 Lyon St. in SF 94123. Silent Auction & VIP Party: 5:00 pm; Pre-show Gala Reception: 6:00 - 7:30 pm - featuring complimentary hors d'oeuvres, wine tasting and martini & margarita bars; Concert: 7:30 - 10:00 pm; and Dessert & Wine Party with the cast: 10:00 - 11:45 pm.
General Reserved Seating - Performance Only Tickets - $65. Gala Tickets (includes pre-show Gala Reception) - $125. Doors open for the general public at 7:00 pm. For Tickets www.helpisontheway.org or call 415- 273 -1620. Underwriter tickets: gala pre-show reception, performance & post-show reception with cast - $150 and up www.helpisontheway.org or call 415/ 273- 1620.
The 2013 star-studded Cast for this year's gala feature stars from Broadway, Film, TVand the music industry, including (in alphabetical order...):
Jon Maher Sign language interpreter. Director: David Galligan. Musical Directors Richard Berent & Ben Prince
HELP IS ON THE WAY 19 is produced by The Richmond/Ermet AIDS Foundation, founded by Barbara Richmond and the late Peggy Ermet in memory of their sons, John Richmond and Doug Ermet, who both lost their lives to AIDS. In 1995, the two women decided not to get mad but get even when they launched a musical AIDS benefit to honor their sons by raising funds for AIDS service organizations. To date REAF has raised well over $2.7 million dollars for AIDS services.
- Hottest Articles on BWW from Friday, Dec. 6
- 10 Finalists Announced for The GRAMMYs' First-Ever Music Educator Award
- Phoenix Theatre to Stage TRIBES, 1/9-2/9
- Rivertown Theater Adds 12/19 Performance of ANNIE
- Bay City Players Announces Cast of BORN YESTERDAY, Beg. 1/24
- Artist-in-Residence Dawn Roe to Document Construction of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Runway
- THE IMPROVISED SHAKESPEARE COMPANY to Return to NYC at Theatre 80, 1/9-11
- KINKY BOOTS, MATILDA and MOTOWN Take Musical Theatre GRAMMY Nominations; Plus LES MIS Soundtrack and More!
- the side project's F.X. Kroetz Double Bill Opens 1/5 with THROUGH THE LEAVES
- The Expendables to Kick Off 'Winter Blackout Tour', Jan 24