Aery Theatre and Philipstown Depot Theatre Seek Submissions for 2014 20/20 Play Festival; Deadline 7/28
Aery Theatre Company, along with the Philipstown Depot Theatre, is accepting submissions for the 8th Annual Aery Theatre 20/20 Play Festival. Submissions must be e-mailed not later than MONDAY, JULY 28, 2014. The Festival will be held at the Philip-stown Depot's 67-seat theatre in Garrison Landing, Garrison, NY, OCTOBER 3-12, 2014.
Aery Theatre Company was founded by Patrick J. Lennon in 2006 to develop and produce original dramas written, directed and performed by local artists. Richard E. Knipe, Jr., winner of multiple one-act playwriting awards, was appointed Artistic Director in 2007. This Festival is made possible, in part, through the Putnam Arts Council's Arts Link Grant Program with funds from NYS Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NYS Legislature and with funds from Putnam County. Its grant sponsor is the Garrison Landing Association, and the Philipstown Depot Theatre is Festival co-producer. The Festival has been established to provide audiences with short, quality plays from promising new playwrights, while offering a professional venue for theatre artists.
Twenty short plays (20 minutes or less) will be initially selected by our panel of judges from among those submitted. Aery Theatre's bi-monthly workshops will be made available for further development of these plays, if necessary. Of those twenty, the fifteen that are deemed most stage-worthy will be presented at each of the first three shows, October 3rd, 4th & 5th (Friday/Saturday evenings; Sunday afternoon). Two plays from each group (plus up to two "Wild Cards", chosen by the judges) will move into the semi-finals on Friday and Saturday (October 10th & 11th) of the second weekend. Two shows each will then be chosen from these semi-final performances for the finals on Sunday afternoon, October 12th. Cash prizes totaling up to $700 will be awarded in various categories.
· Playwrights (or their representatives) are responsible for the production of their plays - including casting, rehearsals, props, etc., with the theatre providing limited set pieces, lighting and sound equipment and production staff.
· Submissions must be typed in play-script format and be no more than 20 (numbered) pages and in a font size no smaller than 12-point. Only plays with a running time of 20 minutes or less will be eligible for prizes. Plays that run beyond 20 minutes, or that are presented with significant changes in script upon presentation, may be subject to disqualification. Submiss-ions must include playwright contact info. Judging is based on audience/panel of judges.
· Submissions must be emailed to Plennon122@aol.com by July 28, 2014. A $15 per-script reading fee (check/money order), made out to the Aery Theatre Company, and this signed application, must follow by mail, postmarked no later than July 28, 2014, sent to the Aery Theatre 20/20 Play Festival, c/o Philipstown Depot Theatre, P.O. Box 221, Garrison Landing, Garrison, NY 10524. Please DO NOT include playwright resumes, as these will be discarded. Playwright selectees will be notified by August 8, 2014. Early submissions may receive early notification.
· A maximum of two submissions per playwright will be accepted.
· There will be a mandatory pre-production meeting for all playwrights or their represent-atives in early August 2014.
· A signed copy of this page must accompany your play to be eligible for consideration.
· Additional inquiries may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Playwright Signature _______________________________ Date _______________
Printed Name ___________________________________________________