Nation's Best Am-Dram

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nation's Best Am-Dram#1
Posted: 11/9/12 at 6:30pm
Wondering if anyone will be watching this, I have programmed the whole series, 6 in all, so I will.

The show is advertised as, Actress Miriam Margolyes (never heard of), theatre critic Quentin Letts and producer Bill Kenwright kick off an exciting search to find the UK's best am-dram society.

Updated On: 11/9/12 at 06:30 PM
Bob30 Profile PhotoBob30 Profile Photo
Bob30
Stand-by
Stand-by
Nation's Best Am-Dram#2
Posted: 11/9/12 at 6:56pm
You've never heard of Miriam Margoyles?!

Blackadder, James and the Giant peach film, Original west end Madame Morrible, also played Morrible on Broadway in 2008. Professor Sprout in Harry Potter, shes an amazing actress!
Westend: Lion King,WWRY, Blood Brothers, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Woman In Black, Crazy For You, Wicked, Sweeney Todd, Much Ado About Nothing, A Chorus Line, Book Of Mormon, Merrily We Roll Along, Cripple of Inishmaan
Tours: Avenue Qx2, Grease, Sister Act,WWRY,Hairsprayx2, Never Forget, Blood Brothers x2, Singin' in the Rain, Legally Blonde,American Idiot x2, Phantom of the Opera, Beautiful Burnout, Our Countrys Good, The Ladykillers, Joseph,9-5, Rocky Horror, CATS
Regional: She Loves Me, Sweeney Todd, Kiss Me Kate, The Pajama Game, Barnum (Chichester) Metamorphosis (Lyric Hammersmith)Tristan and Yseult (Bristol Old Vic)
Tickets: Nevilles Island, Much Ado About Nothing
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nation's Best Am-Dram#2
Posted: 11/9/12 at 7:39pm
recently i saw an amdram production of whistle down the wind the ALW version and it was at professional standard. The orcheatra were out of this world, set was fantastic, cast fantastic lighting fantastic not one aspect let the show down!!!
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
dgjbear
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Nation's Best Am-Dram#3
Posted: 11/15/12 at 3:16pm
Lol re Miriam, Phantom

I think I missed the first one of these but will tune in next week and series-link it. I've seen some great am-dram stuff, and some terrible ones - sometimes by the same company.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to: