Lifeline Theatre to Host Annual Gala YOU-NITE, 5/1
Lifeline Theatre presents "YOU-NITE" for its 2014 Annual Gala Benefit. It's a benefit all about Lifeline's supporters and their favorite memories from our 31-year history. The Lifeline ensemble will perform adaptations of stories - submitted by its audience - of moments when Lifeline touched their lives. There will be a hearty buffet of inventive foods, fine wines, craft beers, and our signature drink: the YouNiversal. Also: an exciting live auction (featuring a trip to Nashville including VIP tickets to the Gand Ole Opry) and a cash raffle with a first prize of $2,000. It's an evening of fun that starts with YOU, all for a very good cause. More information at www.lifelinetheatre.com/2014benefit.
At the event, the Raymond R. Snyder Commitment to the Arts Award will be presented to Heather Steans, State Senator 7th District. Steans says, "For 31 years, Lifeline Theatre has been a pillar in the Rogers Park community, providing programming and performances for thousands of children, adults and patrons. I am proud to support Lifeline and I am honored to receive the Raymond Snyder Commitment to the Arts Award."
YOU-NITE takes place from 6:30 to 10 p.m., Thursday, May 1, 2014, at Mayne Stage, 1328 W. Morse, just steps from Lifeline Theatre. Tickets are $100 for advance purchase, and $125 at the door. Tickets may be purchased at the Lifeline Theatre Box Office, 773.761.4477, or by visiting www.lifelinetheatre.com.
SUBMIT YOUR STORY: Visit www.lifelinetheatre.com/2014benefit/stories for information on our memory project and for details on submitting your Lifeline story. Submissions due March 28.
LIVE AUCTION treasures include:
· The New York/Buzzfeed Adventure for two, including airfare and hotel stay in NYC, plus a private tour of Buzzfeed and lunch with Buzzfeed president Jon Steinberg
· The Nashville Roadtrip Getaway, including a $500 gas card, four VIP tickets to the Grand Ol' Opry (including backstage tour), and more
· A Downtown Chicago VIP Experience, including two VIP tickets to a Goodman Theatre opening and two Chicago CityPasses, offering VIP admission to the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Field Museum, Willis Tower Observation Deck, and the Museum of Science & Industry
· Chicago Sports Fan Experience, including a behind-the-scenes tour of Soldier Field (for up to 10 people), two White Sox tickets with free parking pass, and two Bulls tickets
· Wine Tasting with the Ensemble, a complimentary wine tasting for you and nine friends, curated by PRP Wine International and hosted by Lifeline board member Pat Kelley
· And more..
CASH RAFFLE prizes are First Prize: $2,000, Second Prize: $750, Third Prize: $250
Raffle tickets are only one for $10, or three for $20. You need not attend the gala to win, and raffle tickets may be purchased online via www.lifelinetheatre.com/2014benefit. Prizes are dependent on number of tickets sold and may vary.
INDIVIDUAL SPONSORSHIP: Individual sponsorship packages are available at two levels:
· Director's Circle: a $500 sponsorship gift receives 6 event tickets
· Producer's Circle: a $1,000 sponsorship gift receives 12 event ticket
Both levels receive acknowledgement in the program and a champagne toast with Artistic Director Dorothy Milne and the Lifeline ensemble. Contact Development Director Alex Kyger at 773-761-4477 x708.
CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP: Packages are available from $2,000, and include event tickets, exposure, and event signage. Contact Development Director Alex Kyger at 773-761-4477 x708 for more information.
Sponsors: YOU-NITE is generously sponsored by Flex Print, Inc.; Ingredion; Mayne Stage; and Towers Watson.
Host Committee: Therese McGuire, Mary Bao, Donna & Jim Grecco, Todd Hensley, and Rebecca Tinkham.
Honorary Committee: Joe Moore, Alderman, 49th Ward; Heather Steans, State Senator 7th District; Paul & Rebecca Mulroy; Marcia Festen, Marcia Festen and Associates; and Ra Joy, Arts Alliance Illinois.
YOU-NITE takes place from 6:30 to 10 p.m., Thursday, May 1, 2014, at Mayne Stage, 1328 W. Morse, Chicago, IL - just steps from Lifeline Theatre. Tickets are $100 for advance purchase, and $125 at the door. Tickets may be purchased at the Lifeline Theatre Box Office, 773.761.4477, or by visiting www.lifelinetheatre.com.
Valet parking is available for $5. Street parking is also available and Mayne Stage is handicapped and CTA accessible (Red Line Morse stop/busses).