The Hub Awards Best Costume to 'Invisible Cowboy' at 1st ANNUAL HALLOWEEN BASH
The HUB Network, a destination for kids and their families, awarded "The Jackie" for the best Halloween costume of the year to Bill Freitag from Arizona, who won "Best in Bash" National Champion for his costume as "Invisible Cowboy" in the "Blast from the Past" category at the first-ever 50 State Halloween costume competition celebrated during the star-studded taping of the "Hub Network's First Annual Halloween Bash," this past Sunday at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, Calif. The inaugural event, hosted by "Saturday Night Live" star Kenan Thompson, will be broadcast Saturday, October 26, 810 p.m. ET/57 p.m. PT on the HUB Network.
The costume competition was judged by Halloween-expert Martha Stewart, actor Hal Sparks ("Spider Man 2"), and actress, singer and dancer Coco Jones ("Holla at the DJ"). Freitag wins the $25,000 grand prize and has a chance at a walk-on role on the HUB Network's Daytime Emmy Award-winning Series, "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series." Before Being announced as "Best in Bash" National Champion, Freitag was named the semi-finalist in the "Blast from the Past" category for his costume, "Invisible Cowboy." The semi-finalists in the five other categories were as follows:
- Thomas DePetrillo from Rhode Island won for "Overkill the Giant Zombie Killing Robot" in the "Mad Genius" category
- The Pabellon family from Wisconsin won for "Triple Dip Ice Cream Cone" in the "Everyday Stuff" category
- Thomas Cavagnaro from New York won for "Giant Gorilla" in the "Animal Kingdom" category
- Celia Sciaroni from Missouri won for "Nacho Cheese Monster" in the "Howlarious" category
- Roxanne Coble from California won for "Headless Marie Antoinette" in the "Spooktacular" category
Hosted by Kenan Thompson ("Saturday Night Live"), the "Hub Network's First Annual Halloween Bash" is a star-studded, two-hour special that also includes performances by pop-star Cody Simpson, America's first teen-girl pop-group, Fifth Harmony, and illusionist Nathan Burton. In addition, entertainment journalist Nancy O'Dell ("Entertainment Tonight"), actress Tamera Mowry-Housley ("The Real") and actresses Candace Cameron Bure ("Make It or Break It") and Gina Rodriguez ("Filly Brown"), along with their furry pets, will make a special celebrity paw-stumes appearance.