Sneak Peek of Syfy's New ROBOT COMBAT LEAGUE Now Available On Demand
The next generation of arena combat is upon us. The series premiere of Syfy's hotly-anticipated new competition show, Robot Combat League , is now available for on demand viewing on a variety of platforms.
Today through February 26, the first ever episode of Robot Combat League, titled "Rise of the Machines," can be streamed - for free - on The Following platforms one week before it makes its televised premiere:
· The Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft through the Syfy app on Xbox LIVE(R)*
· Roku through the Syfy channel in the Roku Channel Store
· Hulu on the Syfy page at hulu.com/robot-combat-league
· Syfy.com at syfy.com/robotcombatleague
· VOD (Video on Demand) from your cable provider
Each week Robot Combat League, hosted by Chris Jericho, the wildly popular WWE superstar, features tournament-style battles between eight-foot tall humanoid robots controlled by a human fighter ("robo-jockey") and an engineer ("robo-tech"). The robots were designed and created by robotics expert, Mark Setrakian (Hellboy, Men in Black), a leader in the sport of robotic combat.
In the premiere episode of Robot Combat League, the contestants are paired into 12 teams, comprised of a robo-jockey and a robo-tech. Each team is then introduced to its own unique robot, which they will control using a high-tech exo-suit that translates their exact movements to their robot. The contestants take control of the robots for the first time in a timed challenge to earn their rankings for the fight tournament. The top-ranked team and the bottom-ranked team then fight for their life in three rounds of non-stop mechanical carnage.
Robot Combat League is produced by Smart Dog Media, with Craig Plestis serving as executive producer.
Robot Combat League will make its televised premiere on Syfy Tuesday, February 26 at 10PM ET/PT.
Please follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/robotcombatleague and on Twitter @RobotCombatSyfy.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)
* Xbox LIVE Gold subscription and/or additional subscriptions/fees may be required and sold separately. Kinect functionality available with select Xbox LIVE content and varies by feature and country. For additional details and availability, see http://www.xbox.com/live.