Robin Roberts to Host ABC's TV'S MOST DYNAMIC DUOS, 9/2
"Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts hosts a two-hour countdown of couples who have graced television with their amazing chemistry, hilarity, friendship and, in many cases, sexual tension. Whether it's Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon, Laverne and Shirley, Tony and Carmela Soprano, Homer and Bart Simpson, Mulder and Scully or Lucy and Ethel, there is no shortage of indelible duos on television. Who will be No. 1? Find out on TV'S MOST DYNAMIC DUOS: Presented by The Paley Center for Media," airing SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
This couples cavalcade includes all-new reminiscences by some of television's most beloved actors and personalities including Megan Mullally, Edie Falco, George Wendt, John Ratzenberger, Cindy Williams, Penny Marshall, Garry Marshall (creator of "Happy Days," "Laverne & Shirley"), Nancy Cartwright (voice of Bart Simpson), Ed Asner, VAnna White, Penn & Teller, Chris Hardwick, Tom Smothers, Adam Carolla, Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet.
The 30 duos were selected by a poll conducted by Nielsen Media Research. They are (in alphabetical order):
· Archie Bunker and Michael "Meathead" Stivic ("All in the Family")
· Beavis and Butthead ("Beavis and Butthead")
· Bert and Ernie ("Sesame Street")
· Cameron Tucker and Mitchell Pritchett ("Modern Family")
· James T. Kirk "Captain Kirk" and Mr. Spock ("Star Trek")
· Chandler Bing and Joey Tribbiani ("Friends")
· Cliff and Clair Huxtable ("The Cosby Show")
· Cliff Clavin and Norm Peterson ("Cheers")
· Dan and Roseanne Conner ("Roseanne")