NBC's MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE is Highest-Rated in Six Years
From 9 a.m.-noon, the 86th annual MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE averaged a 12.1 rating, 26 share in households in the 56 local markets metered by Nielsen Media Research, finishing within 2% of last year's 12.3/26. "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" topped the metered-market household rating of every primetime entertainment telecast on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox or CW of the past week.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, the parade averaged a 6.6/27 in adults 18-49, up 10% versus last year's 6.0/25, making this the highest rated Macy's Parade in the six years NBC has tracked the event in the Local People Meters (since 2007).
* The 6.6 rating in Local People Meters for "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" beats every primetime entertainment telecast on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox or CW over the past week
* Top markets for the parade, which was hosted by Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie and Al Roker of NBC's "Today," were: West Palm Beach, 21.7/40; Providence-New Bedford, 20.8/39; Richmond, 20/6/38; Knoxville, 20.3/37; Buffalo, 19.9/38; Fort Myers-Naples, 18.8/35; Norfolk, 18.7/31; Greensboro-High Point, 18.2/32; Baltimore, 18.1/34; and Pittsburgh, 17.6/33. New York was the #13 market with a 16.9/35.
* From noon-2 p.m., NBC's coverage of "The National Dog Show Presented by Purina" (5.3/12 in metered-market households) romped 13 percent ahead of last year's 4.7/11, to take home the event's top numbers in seven years (since 2005).
* In the Local People Meters, "The National Dog Show Presented by Purina" jumped by 24 percent, to a 2.6/10 from last year's 2.1/8, making this the highest rated "National Dog Show" in the six years NBC has tracked the event in the Local People Meters (since 2007).
* The top five markets for the Dog Show, hosted by John O'Hurley and featuring the commentary of expert analyst David Frei, were Knoxville, 11.9/25; West Palm Beach, 10.7/22; Buffalo, 10.1/20; Oklahoma City, 10.0/21; and Norfolk, 9.8/18.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.
Photo by: Eric Liebowitz/NBC
More On: Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, John O'Hurley.