Discovery Channel to Premiere New Series ROD N WHEELS, 1/27
|Discovery Channel Premieres New Series ROD N WHEELS Tonight|
January 27, 2014
|Related: ROD N WHEELS, Discovery Channel|
Billy Derian and Steve Reck have been friends for years with the same dream - working in a garage that fixes up and restores vintage cars and hot rods. Now their dream has become a reality with Da Rod Shop, located in the heart of Southern California's car culture with bad ass cars and their owners. ROD N WHEELS, an all-new Discovery Channel series, premieres at 10 PM E/P on Monday, January 27.
To these guys, they're not just fixing cars. They're saving a piece of American history. In the first episode, a car collector brings in his "baby" - an original 1932 Ford 3 Window - hoping that the guys can fix it to look like something out of "American Graffiti." But can Billy and Steve make it a showstopper in just a few weeks? If that job wasn't enough, Billy and Steve's sons are out to prove their worth when they take in the ultimate American muscle car, a 1968 Camaro, and attempt to flip it. At first, it seems like a piece of cake. But the boys soon realize it might take a lot more money to fix it than expected.
While Billy and Steve don't always see eye-to-eye, they rely on each other's strengths. Billy, the mover and shaker, acts as the salesman and has big plans to make Da Rod Shop the #1 garage in the country. He is a true entrepreneur who has tried his hands in just about everything, including a little show business but his first passion is cars. While Steve is the genius mechanic, who can literally fix anything on wheels and is fine working at his own pace and doing favors for friends (even if it doesn't pay).
Rounding out the shop are a bunch of ragtag employees that include:
· The Know-It-All: Shane, Steve's son, is "allergic" to grease and admittedly OCD. While honing his craft on engines, he's also obsessed with cleanliness, wearing rubber gloves and incessantly washing his hands.
· The Newbie: Billy Jr., son of Billy, is 20-years-old and the greenest addition to Da Rod Shop. Billy decided to change career paths and turned in his real estate license for a chance to work in the shop with his Dad. Although he grew up around old cars, his Dad is now putting him to the test as an apprentice mechanic, throwing him new challenges at every turn.
· The Pretty Boy: Jeff, who is never without a comb and mirror in his back pocket. He is a great mechanic, but is more concerned with his good looks and picking up chicks.
· The Professor: Mike, serves as the lead mechanic and is known to school the others on what it takes to fix up just about any car.
· The Suspension Expert: Art, just 3' 5", uses his size to his advantage by finishing tight jobs in half the time it takes a regular-sized person. Living so close to Hollywood, Art also pursues his side passion of being an actor when he isn't working on cars.
From custom paint jobs with meticulous pinstripe detailing to complete restorations -- jobs can run anywhere from a few hundred dollars to the tens of thousands. And by the time these hot rod heroes are done, the cars are priceless, rare historical beauties making even the toughest of tough guys shed a tear when the vehicle leaves the shop.
ROD N WHEELS is produced for Discovery Channel by Intuitive Entertainment. For Discovery Channel, Executive Producer is David Pritikin. For Intuitive Entertainment, Executive Producers are Mechelle Collins, Kevin Dill and Laura Fuest.
About Discovery Channel
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 210 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, HISTORY and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 209 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying Curiosity through 149 worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as U.S. joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The HUB and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including Revision3. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.