Carnival to Offer Cruise Giveaways with Launch of CELEBRITY APPRENTICE Charity Challenge
Carnival Corporation & plc, the world's largest leisure travel company, today announced the launch of its Celebrity Apprentice Charity Challenge, an online consumer CONTEST running in conjunction with the upcoming season of NBC's THE NEW CELEBRITY APPRENTICE which premieres on January 2 at 8 p.m. EST.
Designed to support the charities chosen by the show's celebrity contestants while driving viewer engagement with the show, the challenge builds on Carnival Corporation's sponsorship of the popular program's two-part season finale, set to air nationally on February 6 and 13.
Beginning today and through the duration of the eighth season of "The New Celebrity Apprentice," consumers can visit ApprenticeCruiseChallenge.com to learn about the celebrities and charities involved in the show and cast votes in support of their favorites. After they vote, viewers are encouraged to share their choice via their social media channels using the hashtag #ApprenticeCharityChallenge to inspire their friends to vote and learn about the charities as well.
In return for their vote, consumers will be entered to win weekly cruise giveaways from three of Carnival Corporation's North American brands, as well as a grand prize of a cruise a year for life.
In addition to selecting CONTEST winners each week for a cruise giveaway, Carnival Corporation will also make donations to the charities of the celebrity contestants who were voted off the show that week, bringing further attention to the worthwhile organizations. Carnival Corporation's donations to all 16 of the contestant's charitable groups as part of the Celebrity Apprentice Charity Challenge will total $145,000.
"With the popularity of cruising and the enthusiasm surrounding 'The New Celebrity Apprentice,' our challenge will bring important awareness of these charities while offering great cruise giveaways that will create a lot of excitement," said Ken Jones, vice president, group marketing and insights for Carnival Corporation. "This challenge will reach millions of people watching the program, which will help create a way for us to generate awareness of cruising and help inspire people to consider cruising when they are planning their vacations."
Below is a list of this season's 16 celebrity contestants vying for the title of Celebrity Apprentice and the charities they are representing. Consumers can begin submitting their votes today as part of the Celebrity Apprentice Charity Challenge:
· Laila Ali, The Women's Sports Foundation: a charitable, educational organization dedicated to promoting girls and women in sports and fitness.
· Brooke Burke-Charvet, Operation Smile: a nonprofit medical service organization founded to provide cleft lip and palate repair surgeries to children worldwide.
· Eric Dickerson, Young Warriors: a program to develop positive and healthy male-to-male relationships.
· Boy George, Safe Kids Worldwide: a global network working to prevent accidental injury in children under 19.
· Matt Iseman, The Arthritis Foundation: a leading nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention, control and cure of arthritis in the United States.
· Carrie Keagan, The Humane Society of the United States: the nation's largest and most effective animal protection organization.