Marlene Ver Planck Appears on Michael Bourne's SINGERS UNLIMITED Today
Marlene Ver Planck will appear on Michael Bourne's Singers Unlimited Show today, June 16th 12:00PM. Tune in to WBGO 88.3 FM
or online at www.wbgo.org.
Other upcoming live appearances include her celebration of her new album "Ballads...mostly" on Sunday, June 23rd, with two shows, 6:00pm and 7:30pm at Shanghai Jazz, 24 Main Street, Madison, NJ. Reservations A Must 973.822.2899; firstname.lastname@example.org. Featuring: Tedd Firth-piano; Jay Leonhart-bass; and Ron Vincent-drums.
Then, on Thursday, July 25th, the singer will perform two shows at 8:00 and 10:00pm at Jazz at Kitano, 66 Park Ave, NYC (@ 38th St). Reservations a MUST! Call 212- 885-7119. $10 cover, $15 minimum drink and food per person, per set. Featuring: Tedd Firth-piano; Jay Leonhart-bass; and Ron Vincent-drums.
Street Date April 22, 2013
With Special Guests Mike Renzi, Houston Person, Claudio Roditti, Jay Leonhart
MIKE RENZI, piano, 1,3,5,6,8,10,11,13; HOUSTON PERSON, tenor, 1,3,5,13; CLAUDIO RODITI, flugle horn, 2,4,9,11;
JAY LEONHART, bass, 1,3,5,6,8,10,11,13; TEDD FIRTH, piano, 2,4,7,9, 12,14,15; BOOTS MALESON, bass, 2,4,7,9,12,14,15; RON VINCENT, drums, all TRACKS
Marlene VerPlanck is constantly recognized for her crystal clear voice, choice of material, and superb musicians. This, her 22nd cd, is no exception. A former studio singer and the voice of hundreds of commercials, she has sung backup to everyone from Sinatra to Kiss. Her solo cd's include, George Shearing, Hank Jones, Tommy Flanagan, Dr. Billy Taylor, Marian McPartland and many others. She constantly works around the country and tours the UK every year the whole month of March. On, "Ballads...mostly", you will find her with a stellar group of instrumentalists. Pianist, and three time emmy award recipient for his work on Sesame Street, Mike Renzi, shines on eight tracks doing what he does best, accompanying a singer. Houston Person, has recorded seventy five of his own cd's, and one one of the most in demand tenor men in the business, joins Marlene on four gorgeous Harry Warren ballads. The warm, fluid sound combining post bop and Brazilian elements comes from the flugle horn of, grammy nominee, Claudio Roditi. Tedd Firth, a bright new star on the New York scene, shows amazing skills on the keyboard of seven more tracks; Jay Leonhart and Boots Maleson share the bass lines, and Ron Vincent displays his sensitive drum work.
1. I WISH I KNEW, 3:45 (Harry Warren, Mack Gordon)
2. WITCHCRAFT, 3:40 (Cy Coleman, Carolyn Leigh)
3. MY DREAM IS YOURS, 5:00 (Harry Warren, Harry Blaine)
4. LOVE DANCE, 5:45 (Ivan Linz, Paul Williams)
5. I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU, 4:45 (Harry Warren, Al Dubin)
6. IT AMAZES ME, 4:30 (Cy Coleman, Carolyn Leigh)
7. BABY DREAM YOUR DREAM, 2:50 (Cy Coleman, Dorothy Fields)
8. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER YOU, 4:32 (Harry Warren, Mack Gordon)
9. THE RULES OF THE ROAD 3:17 (Cy Coleman, Carolyn Leigh)
10. I'M GONNA LAUGH YOU RIGHT OUR OF MY LIFE 4:30 (Cy Coleman, Joseph A. McCarthy)
11. I WALK A LITTLE FASTER, 4:38 (Cy Coleman, Carolyn Leigh)
12. LISTEN TO THE PIANO MAN, 3:25 (Ronnie Whyte)
13. Why Try To Change Me Now, 4:33 (Cy Coleman, Joseph A. McCarthy)
14.YOU FASCINATE ME SO, 3:10 (Cy Coleman, Carolyn Leigh)
15.WHY WAS I THINKING OF SPRINGTIME, 4:10 (. Billy VerPlanck, Leon Nock)
Arrangements: J. Billy VerPlanck, Tracks 1,6,7,9,10,11,14