'MOODY BLUES' & 'YES' Cruises Announce Unique On-Board Activities
ON THE BLUE--the leader in cruise charter innovation and producer for the upcoming THE MOODY BLUES CRUISE (the second annual fan cruise from The Moody Blues featuring special guest Roger Daltrey of THE WHO, sailing the Caribbean April 2-7, 2014) and YES' second fan cruise, CRUISE TO THE EDGE (sailing the Caribbean April 7-12, 2014, also featuring legendary progressive rock band Marillion and an all-star lineup of over 25 bands and artists)--have just announced a number of unique on-board activities for these once-in-a-lifetime voyages (outlined below).
Fans aboard both cruises will be sailing on MSC Divina--one of the world's newest and most amazing floating festival ships which can accommodate over 3,000 passengers plus crew--and as previously announced, will have access to concerts, meet & greets, Q&A sessions, karaoke, special events and activities, while interacting with their musical heroes that influenced the music of the 60's, 70's and 80's and beyond. A limited numbers of cabins are still available and reservations can be made online at: MoodiesCruise.com andwww.CruiseToTheEdge.com.
THE MOODY BLUES CRUISE--included in USAToday.com's list of "The Best Music Cruises At Sea"--will also feature Roger Daltrey and his touring band (performing select material of The Who plus some of Daltrey's favorites), Carl Palmer of ELP, Lighthouse andShawn Phillips in addition to several notable artists including The Zombies, The Orchestra starring the former members of ELO,Starship, Little River Band and more (full cruise line-up on the marquee above). This year's cruise is collaborating with The Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund (DioCancerFund.org), a non-profit charitable fund formed in honor of the legendary rock singer Ronnie James Dio, to raffle off a full-size 2013 Mini Cooper (valued at over $30,000)--featuring customized cruise graphics with the "Moody Cooper" stylized logo plus a permanent plaque and certificate of authenticity signed by The Moody Blues--to one lucky fan aboard the ship.
In addition, ON THE BLUE has just announced the following on-board activities for THE MOODY BLUES CRUISE:
- Unique Moodies Showroom and Storyteller Performance: Bonus performance featuring stories from Justin Hayward, John Lodge & Graeme Edge.
- Moodies Fan Jam Stage: This stage, specially created for Moodies Fans to showcase their talent, will be open every night. Instruments and gear will be provided or fans may bring their own.
- Nights in White Satin Formal: Passengers will enjoy a special evening paying tribute to one of greatest bands of the last 50 years, The Moody Blues. Formal attire required...white is the color of the evening.
- 1970 Isle of Wight Festival Revisited: Celebrity artist panel for a walk down memory lane, focusing on the "back-stories" of the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival, which is this year's cruise theme. Entertaining, informative with lots of great stories about one of the greatest Classic Rock Events in history. Moderated by Sal Cirrincione of the Premiere Radio Networks, special guest artists from the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival will interact in this lively and informative look back at one of rock history's monumental events.
- Academy Award winning film director and producer, Murray Lerner, will join the cruise screening his documentary, "Message to Love: The Isle of Wight Festival," presented during the cruise along with other select films. In addition to producing films featuring The Moody Blues, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The WHO, Jimi Hendrix and more, Murray attended and documented the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival.
- Moody "Blue-Out" Bon Voyage Party: Passengers will encouraged to board the MSC Divina in "Blue" in order to complete a full-ship "Blue-Out". The Moody Blues will greet fans prior to departure, followed by a Bon Voyage Concert by one of the celebrity support artists on the world's largest ship deck stage.
- Dawn is a Feeling Yoga: Passengers will be able to start each day with a relaxing Yoga poolside session, taught by an expert instructor.
- Moodies Vintage Thread Night: This special evening will allow passengers to show off their priceless concert T-shirts from the past, sharing concert memories with fellow passengers.
- Moodies Single Mingle: Solo passengers will be able to make new friends or reconnect with old acquaintances during this event...no-host bar service will be available.
- Cooking with Franco: Back by popular demand, Chef Franco Filippone will share his culinary expertise during his pool stage cooking demonstrations. Franco is one of the finest chefs in South Florida with devoted fans throughout the southeast. His Fort Lauderdale restaurant, Sette Bello is among the highest Zagat rated restaurants in the country, also receiving the 5-Star Diamond Award for culinary excellence
Billed as one of the greatest progressive rock festivals of all time, CRUISE TO THE EDGE will visit beautiful Caribbean ports including Isla de Roatan, Honduras and Cozumel, Mexico, providing a rare opportunity for fans to get up-close-and-personal with over 25 bands and artists, including: Marillion, Steve Hackett and Genesis Revisited, UK With Eddie Jobson, Queensryche, Tangerine Dream featuringEdgar Froese, Renaissance With Annie Haslam and many more (full cruise line-up on the marquee above). The MSC Divina will transform into a Progressive Rock Paradise, featuring multiple unique stages, showcasing music and ocean panoramas in every direction.
In addition, ON THE BLUE has just announced the following on-deck activities for CRUISE TO THE EDGE: