MAD SEASON Track, 'Locomotive,' Now Streaming at RollingStone.com
In January 2013, Legacy Recordings the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment announced the release of a newly expanded Deluxe Edition of Above, the first and only album to be completed by Mad Season.
The Deluxe Edition of Mad Season's Above is a three-disc set comprised of two CDs and one DVD. It includes the original studio album and a host of extras such as previously unreleased tracks from the band's unfinished second album with new lyrics and vocals by Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees), full audio plus the first official DVD release of Mad Season's last show ever performed - Live At The Moore, an unreleased full concert video of the band's New Year's Eve performance from now-defunct Seattle club RKCNDY, a full-color collector's booklet and more (full details below).
TheDeluxe Editionwill be at physical retailers on Tuesday, April 2, 2013. The digital version of the album will include all of the audio content featured in the Deluxe Edition with a separate standalone long form video available. iTunes will feature the album with audio mastered for iTunes. In addition, there will be a 12" two LP expanded vinyl edition available on Record Store Day, April 20, 2013.
Tracklisting for 3-disc Mad Season Above Deluxe Edition
CD1 Above tracklist
- Wake Up
- X-Ray Mind
- River of Deceit
- I'm Above
- Artificial Red
- Lifeless Dead
- I Don't Know Anything
- Long Gone Day
- November Hotel
- All Alone
PLUS bonus tracks:
- Interlude (previously unreleased)
- Locomotive (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
- Black Book Of Fear (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
- Slip Away (Lyrics/vocals by Mark Lanegan)
- I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier (remix)
CD2 - Live at The Moore
- Previously unreleased full audio set of Live at The Moore performance from Seattle, WA, April 29, 1995.
- Includes "Wake Up" "Artificial Red" "I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier" "I'm Above" (featuring Mark Lanegan).
DVD - Live at The Moore + Bonus Footage
- Full video set of the Live at The Moore performance from Seattle, WA performance, April 29, 1995. Remixed and remastered for 5.1 sound, and newly edited by director Duncan Sharp.
- Plus, more bonus footage, including a full concert of the band's performance from New Years Eve 1995 at RKCNDY in Seattle, and both performances from the Seattle-based Self-Pollution Radio specials, one newly edited.
SOURCE Legacy Recordings