International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society Announces 3D Technology Award Winners
The International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society has announced the honorees of its 2013 3D Technology Awards. The 5th annual awards will be held at Paramount Studios in Hollywood on September 18th. The Society also confirmed today that 9 of the top 10 worldwide box office revenue leaders this summer are in 3D.
The Society's Lumiere statuettes for Technology will be presented to honorees including:
- Weta Digital - "Visual Effects Pipeline" (New Zealand)
- StereoD, LLC. - "CTAC-MAM Pipeline" (USA)
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - "Dolby 3D: Glasses-Free 3D" (USA)
- Park Road Post - "3D HFR Pipeline" (New Zealand)
- RealD, Inc. - "Precision White Screen Technology" (USA)
- Masterimage 3D - "CellMatrix 3D" (Korea/USA)
- SGO - "Mistika Post Production System" (Spain)
- Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute - "TimeLab - Omnicam" (Germany)
- Tim Dashwood - "Stereo3D CAT" (USA)
- Legend3D - "2D to 3D Conversion Pipeline" (USA)
Society Awards Chairman Buzz Hays, Studio Chief of True Image Company stated, "This year's honorees are worldwide leaders in 3D from New Zealand, Germany, Spain, Korea and the U.S. These companies represent 'the wizards' behind the camera who are increasing the thrills that 3D movies provide."
The Society will also present a special "Car of the Year" award to Mercedes-Benz for its 2014 S-Class automobile, which uses a stereoscopic camera safety system. Regal Cinemas will be honored for "3D Theatre of the Year (LA Live, Los Angeles)," and optometrists and members of American Optometrists Association Dr. Michael Halkias of Chicago and Dr. Ingryd Lorenzana of Chicago will be honored as "Eye Care Professionals of the Year."
"From blockbuster movies to automobiles, 3D is having a very real and positive impact on moviegoers, moviemakers, theatre owners and consumers. The Society's highest award for technology is our opportunity to recognize the people who have helped make this premium experience possible," said Jim Chabin, President of the Society.