Top Reads: Oscar Nominees Climb New York Times' Nonfiction List, Week Ending 2/2
Since there's no end-all-be-all 'best seller' list, BWW Books has rounded up both The New York Times' top sellers as well as Amazon's - providing you with your one-stop look at this week's top reads!
Donna Tartt's THE GOLDFINCH moved up one rung to No. 1 on the New York Times' fiction list for the week ending February 2, 2014. SYCAMORE ROW by John Grisham took second, and THE INVENTION OF WINGS by Sue Monk Kidd dropped to number three.
Robert M. Gates' DUTY came in at the top of the non-fiction list, with several books that inspired this year's Oscar nominees climbing the ranks, including Solomon Northup's TWELVE YEARS A SLAVE in third and Jordan Belfort's THE WOLF OF WALL STREET at number eight.
On the Amazon side, Robert Michael Gates's DUTY fell to No. 10 with John Green's THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, soon coming to the big screen, coming out on top. Markus Zusak's THE BOOK THIEF, now also a feature film, rounds out the top three.
The New York Times Best Sellers
Combined Print & E-Book Fiction
1) THE GOLDFINCH, by Donna Tartt
2) SYCAMORE ROW, by John Grisham
3) THE INVENTION OF WINGS, by Sue Monk Kidd
4) SCANDALOUS BRIDES, by Annette Blair and others
5) FIRST LOVE, by James Patterson and Emily Raymond
6) THE HUSBAND'S SECRET, by Liane Moriarty
7) GONE GIRL, by Gillian Flynn
8) THE ROSIE PROJECT, by Graeme Simsion
9) COMMAND AUTHORITY, by Tom Clancy and Mark Greaney
10) THE POLARIS PROTOCOL, by Brad Taylor
Combined Print & E-Book Nonfiction
1) DUTY, by Robert M. Gates
2) LONE SURVIVOR, by Marcus Luttrell and Patrick Robinson
3) TWELVE YEARS A SLAVE, by Solomon Northup
4) THE MONUMENTS MEN, by Robert M. Edsel with Bret Witter
5) KILLING JESUS, by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
6) THINGS THAT MATTER, by Charles Krauthammer
7) DAVID AND GOLIATH, by Malcolm Gladwell
8) THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, by Jordan Belfort
9) WILD, by Cheryl Strayed
10) LEAN IN, by Sheryl Sandberg with Nell Scovell
For the full list of New York Times Best Sellers, click here.
Amazon Top Best Sellers
1) THE FAULT IN OUR STARS - John Green
2) THE GOLDFINCH - Donna Tartt
3) THE BOOK THIEF - Markus Zusak
4) WHEAT BELLY 30-MINUTE (OR LESS!) COOKBOOK - William Davis
5) DIVERGENT - Veronica Roth
6) AGAINST ALL GRAIN: DELECTABLE PALEO RECIPES TO EAT WELL & FEEL GREAT - Danielle Walker
7) DIAGNOSTIC AND STATISTICAL MANUAL OF MENTAL DISORDERS, 5TH EDITION - American Psychiatric Association
8) INSURGENT - Veronica Roth
9) WHEAT BELLY: LOSE THE WHEAT, LOST THE WEIGHT, AND FIND YOUR PATH BACK TO HEALTH - William Davis
10) DUTY: MEMOIRS OF A SECRETARY AT WAR - Robert Michael Gates
For the the full list of Amazon's top best sellers, click here.
More On: Books, Print, Fiction, Print,