re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread

SirNotAppearing
Broadway Star
Hey y'all, post your favorite god-awful regional or school productions of beloved musicals and comment on them here!

Here's a classic desecration of Les Miserables, performed by Blacklick Valley High School, to get the ball rolling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHzYAv4XCw

-Berets!
-"My place is here-I fight with you!"
"Ahh, am I the latest SirNotAppearing target? Exciting."
-TooDarnHot
"How am I a sockpuppet?" - BroadwayNerd101
"because you think you are at a bashing level of SirNotAppearing and TooDarnHot and LizzieCurry you nor I have HALFWAY earned that status"
-stupidbeans
NGD47
Stand-by
You all see, THIS is an original thread. It should be fun.
Formerly Defyingravity07

< It ain't pretty, but she sure is
MrSweetNAwful
Broadway Legend
I don't have anything to contribute (yet)
but I have to say that is without a doubt the single worst thing I've ever seen...seriously
You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott
blaxx
Broadway Legend
Whoa! That was brutal!

Here's another one. Who knew that Elphaba's legs weren't green?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyNAOg6Wd78&feature=related
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
BNN
Broadway Star
That original Les Mis video was my very first favorite on youtube. <3

Anyway, I submit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8_j2_HvgA.

Look at the scenery!
Tick Tock
blaxx
Broadway Legend
BNN, that ending just killed me!

Here's another great contender:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrMpVBirTvo&feature=related
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
This thread is both hysterical and mean.

I'm glad there was no YouTube when I was in HS. Although our "How to Succeed" was pretty good.
"you know what I quit this board, you all can go **** yourselves." - thismyshow
SirNotAppearing
Broadway Star

-TooDarnHot
"because you think you are at a bashing level of SirNotAppearing and TooDarnHot and LizzieCurry you nor I have HALFWAY earned that status"
-stupidbeans
Updated On: 10/24/10 at 08:05 PM
Select a Member Name
Broadway Legend
This thread makes me feel better about myself.
"You have two kinds of shows on Broadway revivals and the same kind of musicals over and over again, all spectacles. You get your tickets for The Lion King a year in advance, and essentially a family... pass on to their children the idea that that's what the theater is a spectacular musical you see once a year, a stage version of a movie. It has nothing to do with theater at all. It has to do with seeing what is familiar.... I don't think the theatre will die per se, but it's never going to be what it was.... It's a tourist attraction." Stephen Sondheim
stupidbeans
Broadway Star
this is the funniest, skip to the reprise at 1:30, look at the awful body movements

and singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSqLbwTN1yg
"And We Have A Shepherd's Pie Peppered With Actual Shepherd On Top" - Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney Todd
winston89
Broadway Legend
With regards tothe Les Miserables one Day More video. All I can say is this. I assume that because the character of Marius is French he MUST wear a Beret.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
SirNotAppearing
Broadway Star
No, ALL French people wear berets. Didn't that video teach you ANYTHING?

Also, Marius CANNOT sing.
-TooDarnHot
-stupidbeans
NGD47
Stand-by
The Marius made me laugh my ass off.
Formerly Defyingravity07

SirNotAppearing
Broadway Star
my place, is here, i fight with YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
-TooDarnHot
-stupidbeans
ShbrtAlley44
Broadway Legend
Where's that video of the God-awful Mister Mistoffelees?
My Oh My
Broadway Legend
Good God. That One Day More is tragic.

Y'all should see their "Lovely Ladies."
Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.
winston89
Broadway Legend
Actually Sirnotappering, I closed the video right after the line " I did not live until today." Because I couldn't stand the Marius's singing and didn't want to hear it a second more. His beret was the only one I saw.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
My Oh My
Broadway Legend
Here's their Lovely Ladies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjTjTCeHXi8

Er, I mean..."Lovely People."
Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.
SirNotAppearing
Broadway Star
And the Most Useless Lyric Change goes to...
-TooDarnHot
-stupidbeans
stupidbeans
Broadway Star
that was pretty god awful omg
"And We Have A Shepherd's Pie Peppered With Actual Shepherd On Top" - Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney Todd
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
"I'm heeeeeeerrree! I'm heeeerrrrre! I am the guilt inside your head! I am white like you!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZzyhUhMhC8
"you know what I quit this board, you all can go **** yourselves." - thismyshow
NGD47
Stand-by
Makes me feel like I am right there in Post-Revolutionary France.
Formerly Defyingravity07

LePetiteFromage
Broadway Legend

Posted: 9/1/08 at 08:28pm
Updated On: 5/2/09 at 08:28 PM
SirNotAppearing
Broadway Star
That Miss Saigon isn't THAT bad.
-TooDarnHot
-stupidbeans
laura is broadway
Broadway Star
I just got done doing a production of Les Mis, and well our cast had some fun watching the Blacklick Valley videos....

this isn't really a production, but you HAVE to listen to this rendition of No Good Deed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJS1iEa5Jo

Page: