Emma Stone may replace Williams in Cabaret

Musical Master
Broadway Star
This is interesting. Can't wait to hear her.
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
Aww, she finally has her time in the show :)

She has musical theatre training & experience, so we're good on this casting. I wish her the best
Broadway Shows: Phantom of the Opera (January 2011), Mary Poppins (January 2011), Anything Goes (August 2011, W/ Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes), The Lion King (August 2011), Godspell (June 2012, W/ Corbin Bleu), Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast, May 2013), Newsies (May 2013), Cinderella (W/ Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher, May 2014), and Aladdin (OBC, May 2014). Pre-Broadway: If/Then (November 2013/World Premiere, W/ Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp). National Tours: Wicked (October 2012), Beauty & the Beast (January 2013), & Jersey Boys (November 2013)

Met Idina Menzel & Sierra Boggess (November 2013)
ljay889
Broadway Legend
in talks. not official yet.
#sadandtransparent
dreaming
Broadway Legend
I know I'd go back to see her in the role.
Blockhead24
Broadway Legend
^Thank you! This thread makes it seem like it is a done deal.
*formerly obsessedjb*

"Make up your mind you want clarity, take what you know and then make it make sense"-N2N
Musical Master
Broadway Star
It might become official in a few days.
MusicAndPassion
Broadway Star
I have tickets to return in early January. Rumors turning into a signed contract would be amazing news!
emo_geek
Broadway Legend
Would have much rather seen her.
"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999
jbroadway4
Stand-by
I hope this is true! I would love to see one of my favorite actress' in the role!!!
Huss417
Broadway Star
If this comes to fruition it will be great to see her in the role.
"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
GreasedLightning
Featured Actor
I'd pay for a full price table if this were to be true.
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
I really hopes this happens. She's one of my all-time favorite actresses.
BroadwayNYC2
Featured Actor
I'm dying to see this again, so I may just jump the gun and buy tickets before anything (IF anything) is announced. I'll be happy to see it either way.
Phillypinto
Understudy
OMG this is amazing!! Is Michelle Williams actually worth seeing or should I just wait to see Emma stone?
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
The rumor earlier this year was that she backed out due to nerves at the last minute, wonder if those were simply not true or if playing the role without the pressure of opening a show and all that seems more appealing to her. Either way I thought it was a missed opportunity when her deal didn't come together before, certainly hope this happens, she'd be fantastic. I missed Williams when I saw the show (thought Andrea Goss did a good job), would go back in a heartbeat if she appeared in it.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Mr. Nowack
Broadway Star
Wow, what a fantastic choice! I would love to see her in this role.
I was previously known as Mr. Nowak (Joined: 5/20/13).
JBroadway
Leading Actor
I have the same question as Phillypinto. I haven't seen the show yet, but I'm really eager to. I was planning to buy a Hiptix seat for October, but now I'm wondering if I should wait. Do you guys think Michelle Williams is worth seeing before she goes? I'm a fan of a lot of Emma Stone's work but I had never heard of Michelle Williams before she was cast in Cabaret.
BroadwayNYC2
Featured Actor
Williams' performance has definitely polarized this board. I thought she was brilliant.
Cupid Boy2
Stand-by
I'm also in the camp who enjoyed Williams' performance. I thought she was great and held her own among a company of very strong actors.
n2nbaby
Leading Actor
I have a random question. I've already bought HipTix for a performance of Cabaret back in June. Would I be able to buy HipTix again or can I only do it once? I remember hearing a one time only rule but I think it was while we were discussing HipTix Gold but I wasn't sure if that was the deal for both.
thebeautyis3
Stand-by
Surprised she's doing this considering her vocal issues. But more power to her, I guess.

So is it official? BWW seems to think it is.
n2nbaby
Leading Actor
Vocal issues?
thebeautyis3
Stand-by
I've read she has vocal nodes, which cause her to lose her voice frequently on press tours, when she's doing a lot of talking.
Alix
Broadway Star
n2nbaby, Roundabout told me a few months ago that an individual can buy HipTix only once (either regular or Gold) to each show. This is their policy with all shows, apparently, but they said they are especially strict about enforcing it for Cabaret. If a friend buys another pair of HipTix in their name, you could use their second ticket, though.

thebeautyis3, I've heard Emma Stone talk about vocal issues in interviews, too, but I'd totally forgotten about it. No idea how singing regularly would affect that if this rumor turns out to be true.... Hopefully she'll be able to work with a vocal coach to avoid causing any damage.

Crossing my fingers that this works out. To me, Emma is not an obvious choice for Sally Bowles, but I thought Michelle was absolutely perfect casting and ended up not loving her performance. (I do LIKE her in the role, I just don't LOVE her take on Sally. I saw Andrea Goss, her understudy, this weekend and thought she was totally on par with Michelle.) I like Emma a lot and am interested to see what she'd bring to Sally. And I'm good with anyone who can spark people's interest and potentially bring a new audience to Cabaret. :)
"The world only spins forward." ~ 'Angels in America'
veronicamae
Featured Actor
I love her so much but I won't be back to NYC until March whyyyyyy
haterobics
Broadway Legend
"So is it official? BWW seems to think it is."

I think they are basing it on the artsbeat post from the NYTimes, so that's pretty high-level speculation.
formerly oasisjeff on here.

Page: