Comscore

Ariana Debose on as the leading Player TODAY!!!!

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
So, Ciara posted on twitter along with Ariana that Ariana Debose is going on for the LP today! so can someone please tell me how she is if you are going?
Thanks!!

Updated On: 7/26/14 at 01:33 PM
Visceral_Fella Profile Photo
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
That's so exciting! I wish her the best of luck!
jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
Broadway Legend
Can somebody PLEASE let Molly Tynes go on?! The poor girl has been second cover for LP since opening night, and to my knowledge has never actually gone on.
My Icon "Swiney" the Swine Flu Mascot- art by me. "Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
^right! there is a video of her singing "Simple Joys" at Bloomingdales, and she is amazing but she really needs to go on!

Updated On: 7/26/14 at 02:40 PM
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
FYI, she's on again tonight.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
de_lovely
Swing
I saw Ariana Debose this afternoon! Thought she was great! Could've been more threatening as the leading player in my opinion, but overall a good performance.
ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
Molly's last performance is the 17th so I don't think she will never get to go on as the LP and sad to see her leave she is a highlight of the show!
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
and Bethany Moore's last performance was Sunday. Kristen Beth Williams is now in her track.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
also Orion, and richard are back to the show and Molly's last show is the 17th. I would imagine Colin, Andrew and Anthony will be leaving soon especially Anthony because he is in his new off Broadway show!
CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Orion is the only reason I would see this show. And he's not a great dancer or singer.
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
FYI, DeBose has been on as the Leading Player since Thursday. I wonder if Ciara is sick or injured.
ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
on twitter she said that she is on vocal rest and i totally understand why.
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
It would be nice if the let Molly Tynes go on as LP tomorrow if Ciara is still out. Tynes is scheduled to leave the show on Aug. 17.
DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
i believe Anthony Wayne's last day in Pippin is tomorrow.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
it is he posted a photo on instagram saying that tomorrow is his last, and it would be amazing if molly could go on!
HighFlyingAdored97 Profile Photo
HighFlyingAdored97
Stand-by
I thought Ariana was pretty wonderful this afternoon - she did some impressive riffs during Glory and On the Right Track, and she is a great dancer. She said it was her fourth show as the LP at the stagedoor. I did prefer Patina Miller's colder, more calculated portrayal though.
It is Anthony Wayne's last show tomorrow. He said at the SD that he wrote a new musical that's premiering Off Broadway.
"The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
Today's matinee has lots of u/s on:

Pippin - Erik Altemus
Leading Player - Ariana DeBose
Fastrada - Sabrina Harper
Lewis - Sam Lips
in DeBose's track - Erica Mansfield
oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
Leading Actor
I've seen Sam Lips in a few things since he was at U of M, through regional, and now broadway and he really is developing very nicely. He's a role or two away from being a leading man. Though I'm not a huge fan of Wicked, I could see him as Fiyero.

And Erik's Pippin is really, really well done. If you get a chance to see him, it's great.
ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
my friend is at the show today and she said that Sabrina is on as the noble not fastrada.
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
ok. maybe Mansfield is on for someone else.
Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
Broadway Star
Has anybody here seen Sabrina Harper as Fastrada? How is she compared to Charlotte?
ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
I like sabrina in the role! It's good thats she's doing the tour. Both play the role identical but Sabrina is younger so she sounds like a younger person than Charlotte and that goes the same also with Molly.
ElphabaGoodman Profile Photo
ElphabaGoodman
Stand-by
oncemorewithfeeling2: Lips was actually on tour with Wicked for about a year, where he covered and went on for Fiyero many times.
mgldan
Swing
I saw Ariana at the Saturday matinee and I was impressed. I find her accent and verbal flourishes to be much more believable than Patina's, which seemed forced. (I'm not saying that Patina was forced, but that she made the Leading Player sound forced.) The Leading Player shouldn't be so on edge with Pippin immediately, IMHO.

I really liked her reaction when she was holding the hoop and the Player running through it bumped the side. "He bobbled; we're doing that again."
ksilver117
Swing
Apparently Ariana is on as the Leading Player tonight, along with Erik Altemus as Pippin and Sam Lips announced earlier he was on in the Manson Trio, although now that Altemus is on Lips could end up on as Lewis.
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
Lips said on twitter that he'll be playing Lewis through Thursday now. I would assume that Brad Musgrove was on for Andrew Fitch(Mansion Trio) since Fitch is on vacation all week.

Page:

Advertisement Advertisement