RE:

getlucky2
Understudy
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 02:17pm
I think Cantone has guest hosted "The View" the most. He's usually their emergency host anytime some backs out at the last minute.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
haterobics
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 02:18pm
He used to do special segments with Joy all the time, too.
formerly oasisjeff on here.
brettarnett
Stand-by
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 05:11pm
I'd be very surprised if Bernadette does this! I love her, but she seems to value her privacy too much for a job like this. Granted I'd be giddy if she was on.
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 05:22pm
I don't think this would be a smart move for Menzel. She has a very "odd" personality with inconsistent almost flaky behavior. I don't think that would translate well on television, and it may give her the wrong type of exposure. I can't imagine her having very interesting opinions either.

Updated On: 7/3/14 at 05:22 PM
Younger Brother
Broadway Star
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 05:26pm
For the longest time I wanted to see what Loretta Devine would be like on something like The View so I'm hoping we see her!
juice23
Broadway Star
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 05:30pm
May I nominate Laura Benanti? She has TV credits, and is both beautiful and hilarious. I think she could be a fun host.
wicked1492
Broadway Star
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 05:45pm
Christine
Ebersole

That's all.
"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 05:53pm
I don't know if Bernadette is well-spoken enough or has interesting opinions either :-/. I must say I've never been terribly impressed with how she interviews.
oncemorewithfeeling2
Featured Actor
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 05:55pm
In my eyes, Laura Benanti can do no wrong. I think she's hilarious. As long as it doesn't prevent her from acting, I think she'd be great for nearly any hosting duty.
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 05:57pm
I agree with everyone here! Especially qolbinau. I've seen some Youtube interviews and she came across… well not how I picture her to be in private. Obviously there is nothing wrong with that! They just need to chose extroverts.

And YES to Benanti!
Wildcard
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 06:06pm
Maybe Bernadette can finally sell her condo if she hosts the View
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 06:13pm
I don't think this would be a smart move for Menzel. She has a very "odd" personality with inconsistent almost flaky behavior

What do you mean by flaky behavior? (I don't think Idina is right for this, anyway)
Broadway Shows: Phantom of the Opera (January 2011), Mary Poppins (January 2011), Anything Goes (August 2011, W/ Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes), The Lion King (August 2011), Godspell (June 2012, W/ Corbin Bleu), Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast, May 2013), Newsies (May 2013), Cinderella (W/ Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher, May 2014), and Aladdin (OBC, May 2014). Pre-Broadway: If/Then (November 2013/World Premiere, W/ Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp). National Tours: Wicked (October 2012), Beauty & the Beast (January 2013), & Jersey Boys (November 2013)

Met Idina Menzel & Sierra Boggess (November 2013)
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/2/14 at 06:14pm
I agree disneybroadway, she isn't right for that. I thought of Audra McDonald, she always meshed well with those ladies when she was a guest.
Four Simple Rules for Attending the Theater 1. This is a nice night out. Dress accordingly. Like, no sweatpants. 2. When you enter the theater, turn off your phone. All issues with phones will be avoided this way, & you won't be verbally accosted by the cast, crew, & other patrons. 3. I did not pay dollas to hear you talk or sing. I paid dollas to see & hear gorgeous men like Norm Lewis, Ramin Karimloo & Joshua Henry. 4. Unless you have medical issues, don't eat. The wrappers are loud, & your disgusting munching is even louder. You aren't at the movies or a barn dance, baby.
veronicamae
Featured Actor
RE:
Posted: 7/3/14 at 11:08am
I highly doubt Idina would ever do this beyond being a guest host.

While I wouldn't describe her as flaky, she is certainly a tad socially awkward at times and doesn't seem to be super interested in pop culture. Politics, yes. But yeah, she's too much an introvert in unfamiliar situations.

I'm all for Benanti!
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/3/14 at 11:22am
^^^^^

Don't forget little to no filter at all. Which is adorable for her fans, but I would imagine a bit of a challenge for her team.

Yeah, elsewhere I mentioned Benanti. She is adorable and funny and quick on her feet. And, not afraid to make a wee bit of fun of herself.
<---------- No kids, no man, but I have some great pussies! And, If you're lucky, you too can call me Your Sassy Hagness.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/3/14 at 11:32am
I would love to hear Christine Eberesole talking politics on The View!
little_sally
Broadway Legend
RE:
Posted: 7/3/14 at 11:37am
I remember really enjoying Christine Ebersole when she guest hosted a few years back. She'd be a great choice.
A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.