Stephen King Poping Up at Regional Productions of CARRIE

gleek4114
Broadway Star
Is this true? I hear he pops up every now and then to make sure no one does the show extremely campy. I am in Louisville's regional premiere and I would freak if he showed up. We are thinking about sending him a letter with a ticket. I know it's a long shot but you never know right. Has anyone heard stories of this happening?

Updated On: 5/7/14 at 11:17 PM
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Which pope?
"Don't patronize me, alright?" - BroadwayStar4
ljay889
Broadway Legend
lol
#sadandtransparent
gleek4114
Broadway Star
Sorry about that. My bad.
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
I would do it. At the very worst, he doesn't show up. He went to both productions in Seattle and San Francisco.
Please note: any opinions regarding shows or otherwise that are stated by this account, no matter how they are presented represent a personal opinion and should not be taken as an attempt to convey facts and disagreement with my opinion is not only welcome but I highly encourage it to inspire lively and healthy debate.
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
I hear he pops up every now and then to make sure no one does the show extremely campy.

It's a good thing he doesn't own the rights to the musical or something or he may actually be able to do something about it. Lets be real here, so many of King's adapted books are so full of camp to single out musical productions of Carrie, which again he can't do anything about anyway, seems a bit off don't you think?
"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
I heard he's definitely coming to Louisville. I'm only one degree of separation from his daughter.
Can anyone tell me how the line has been?