Kyle Dean Massey and Ciara Renee to join PIPPIN

disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Star
From PIPPIN's Facebook:

"The producers of the Tony Award winning PIPPIN are pleased to announce that Kyle Dean Massey and Ciara Renée will assume the roles of “Pippin” and “Leading Player” (respectively) in the production beginning Tuesday, April 1, 2014."

Updated On: 2/25/14 at 12:19 PM
RW3
Broadway Star
YESSS!!!!
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
I really enjoyed Kyle Dean Massey in Next to Normal, he should be a great Pippin!
"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
kyl3fong2
Broadway Star
This is great news!
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
congrats to both!!! Now I'll see if can make Patina & Matthew's final show on March 30.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
Mark-o
Stand-by
Why not Stephanie Pope?????
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Very excited for Kyle! Part of me would have preferred Ciara rather than Ciara Renee.
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
Pope's in Chicago and u/s Velma. Plus Pope never did any of the trapeze tricks when she was on as LP.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
BwayGeek2
Stand-by
Excited for both of them, this will definitely get me back to Pippin!
oncemorewithfeeling2
Stand-by
Ciara Renee is a great choice. I think she's really a star in the making. Kyle Dean Massey…well, at least it's a break from him doing Wicked. His casting doesn't surprise me at all, it's the type of part they wanter a younger, attractive actor in.

I hate to play the speculation game, but any thoughts on replacements for Terry Mann and Charlotte D'Amboise? They seem like a package deal to me in this show, albeit a great package:)
theatregoer3
Chorus Member
I think Kyle looks too old for the role. Am I wrong? Kyle is a strong, sturdy man and Pippin is still coming into adulthood. I though Matthew was great because he was so thin and lanky and a bit awkward.

Still, congrats to both! I'm always rooting for this production to do well.
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
I'm also wondering if Mann, d'Amboise & Jones will also play their final performance on March 30.
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
I'm excited for Ciara Renee, I really wanted more of her in Big Fish after her big number.

Kyle Dean? Eh. I guess he's reliable, but honestly, I'm already bored.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Brian07663NJ
Broadway Legend
Congrats to both but I am disappointed that Erik Altemus isn't moving up to Pippin.

I too liked Stephanie Pope very much in this show. Not familiar with Ciara.
Up next: Apr 01 Hedwig and the Angry Inch; Apr 05 Charo at RamsHead OnStage; Apr 07 Lady Gaga at Roseland Ballroom; Apr 13 Amaluna next to Citi Field; Apr 18 Disney Junior at MSG Theatre; May 06 Aladdin; May 13 Artpop Ball Lady Gaga at MSG
Queen of the Night
Stand-by
I agree with Brian. I thought Erik Altemus would be a good choice for the title role. He understudies it and we loved him as Lewis but thought he'd be a great fit for Pippin someday.
Emmaloucbway
Broadway Star
Count me as one of the people agreeing with Brian. I just think KDM looks a bit old for the role or something. I think Ciara Renee will be a great LP though!
GatorNY
Broadway Legend
"Wilbur...fetch some oxygen. NOW!"
"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."
Sutton Ross
Broadway Star
She was great in Big Fish, very memorable. I have never seen Kyle on stage before but he seems like a great and very attractive fit. Good casting choices, I wonder if Terrance will be leaving soon as well....
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be, or to be indistinguishable from, self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” Neal Stephenson
Sutton Ross
Broadway Star
She was great in Big Fish, very memorable. I have never seen Kyle on stage before but he seems like a good, and very attractive fit. Good casting choices, I wonder if Terrance will be leaving soon as well....
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be, or to be indistinguishable from, self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” Neal Stephenson
darreyl102
Broadway Star
Maybe Erik will Play Pippin on the Tour.
DAME
Broadway Legend
We used to see Kyle at the bars in Weho during Wicked's tour stop in LA. He is very cute.. but a little to full of himself. I am afraid it has tainted how I perceive him on stage. Still... I wouldn't throw her out of bed for eating crackers.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
ethan231h
Featured Actor
why is ciara renee the leading player she is not even a big name yet so how will they make money unless they bring in another big star!

but i am sure she is a star in the making!

maybe this will rise her up!

Updated On: 2/25/14 at 02:57 PM
JoseLee_
Chorus Member
I wonder if he's playing pippin on broadway before he takes the role on tour. Just a rumor I heard.
darreyl102
Broadway Star
I also think that Kyle Dean Massey is a little old and muscular for Pippin. Anybody know how old he is?
- I really wish Erik would get bumped up, but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll do the tour.
Sutton Ross
Broadway Star
He's 32.
ethan231h
Featured Actor
I know this sounds crazy but maybe hugh Jackman as charles

Page: