lisa902652
Stand-by
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
?
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
gstrus2
Broadway Star
can you please elaborate a bit? how do you know, who told you, etc instead of leaving the post blank...
Emmaloucbway
Broadway Star
Wait, wasn't it going to the Richard Rodgers? Did Cat on a Hot Tin Roof extend or something? Please explain, OP!
Jersey Girl2
Broadway Star
The ticket link still says RR.
Dont stop believin'
wicked4l
Leading Actor
Have a friend in Cat and was backstage last night, absolutely no extension. Scarlett is already prepping for Avengers 2. So unless they get a new show in there?
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
They can always move though. There's plenty of time, and maybe they think the show will fit and sell better in the Marquis?
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
Isn't the Marquis the "kiss of death" for a show. Can't remember a show that ran there for a long time in quite awhile. Don't even think "Drowsy Chaperone" made it 2 yrs.
jas1234
Understudy
it wasn't the kiss of death for Me and My Girl, which played 4
years there, one of the longer runs in the 80's for a show that didn't win the Tony Award for Best Musical.
Jersey Girl2
Broadway Star
Where did the information come from?
Lisa did you overhear something?
Dont stop believin'
exedore
Broadway Legend
"Isn't the Marquis the "kiss of death" for a show. Can't remember a show that ran there for a long time in quite awhile. "

It's just an extended tour stop, not meant for a long, sit-down run.
ClumsyDude15
Broadway Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tour being billed as a pre-Broadway engagement? If it were simply a limited time run - like Bring It On was - wouldn't they be using the "strictly limited engagement" term? By all accounts, it's an open-ended run, but you're the one giving information without a creditable source or link, so there's that.
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
I don't think it's being billed as anything right now as there is zero marketing, preview and opening dates haven't been confirmed, and tickets are not on sale.

ETA- Also, I don't know how good this information is, but I've seen it mentioned as a limited engagement through late August.
Updated On: 1/12/13 at 09:30 PM
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
The Marquis is too big for this show. It needs to stay at the RR.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
exedore - I am willing to bet a "adult" beverage that if it is very successful that it could change. There are lots of shows thar are supposedly limited and amazingly extended - lol.
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
jas1234- "Me and My Girl" closed in 1989 which is almost 24 yrs ago.
Yero my Hero
Broadway Legend
and tickets are not on sale.

Group tickets are on sale, and have been for a little while.
Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Is that where you got the run dates from that are listed on your site?
dreaming
Broadway Legend
I bet the sight lines at the Marquis are better (I've sat all over that theater and rarely missed very much). Also, the location is a little better with the theater marquis facing out into Times Square (I do wonder if having it in the hotel with the tourists readily available could help it too). (I hate the Rodgers-it's nearly impossible to see from the rear orchestra.)
Yero my Hero
Broadway Legend
frogs_fan: Yes. :)
Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."
exedore
Broadway Legend
"I am willing to bet a "adult" beverage that if it is very successful that it could change. There are lots of shows thar are supposedly limited and amazingly extended - lol."

I'm not saying it won't or couldn't, but for now, it is what it is.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tour being billed as a pre-Broadway engagement? If it were simply a limited time run - like Bring It On was - wouldn't they be using the "strictly limited engagement" term? By all accounts, it's an open-ended run, but you're the one giving information without a creditable source or link, so there's that.

"Strictly Limited Engagement" like Bring It On was advertised, which this "Strictly Limited Engagment" extended past its original closure date, as it was only meant to be in the St James for the summer, then it got extended until the end of January, then the producers decided to pull the closure date back a bit until the end of the holidays.

"strictly Limited Engagement" and "Buy Your Tickets Early, To Avoid Disappointment are just weasel marketing word.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon*****
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
The tour is being marketed as the Pre-Broadway Tour. The tour is basically the out-of-town try out phase for the show with the promise that changes are possible along every stop of the tour. However, I don't think changes have been made since California.

I was pretty sure JEKYLL & HYDE was storming into NYC with an open-ended run. If not, I'm sure Constantine Maroulis could be more forth coming about the plans of getting the revised TOXIC AVENGER to Broadway. Instead, he just says that it is currently on hold until he is done with JEKYLL & HYDE (which is up in the air).