Alec Baldwin query

Addison D.
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 02:36pm
During his latest (alleged) pre-nuptial paparazzo assault, Alec Baldwin allegedly responded to the paparazzo's cry of "Why are you squeezing my arm?" by shouting "I know you were raped by a priest!"

Any thoughts from our readers as to a context in which that response (if true) makes any sense whatsoever?

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...
Updated On: 6/30/12 at 02:36 PM
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 03:17pm
That's Alec!

Always trying to get a laugh...
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
romantico
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 03:53pm
This photographer in particular follows all over NYC. He has said things to Alec to really get a rise out of him (and it seems to work) Alec was explaining all this to Charlie Rose last week.In this new incident the photographer was harassing neighbors in Alec's building which really pissed him off. That would irritate me as well.If someone were outside my home snapping pictures of me and my neighbors, I would get angry.Of course, the press won't say that in the headline. After all they need to sell papers. Watch the video.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00051825.html
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Addison D.
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 04:39pm
I will stipulate to the photog being out of line, and I, too, would be enraged if the swarm of jackals who were dogging my every step began to harass my neighbors. I maintain, however, that the rape comment takes the conversation to a weird and unsettling place.

His use of the word "girl" as an all-purpose insult suggests a creepy kind of native misogyny coming from a 54 year-old man as well.

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...
Updated On: 6/30/12 at 04:39 PM
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 04:53pm
Screw that! I if I were in that posistion would have been a lot less restrained. How would "let me take that camera and microphone and shove it up your F@*King obviously overstretched As%@ole you as8wipe!" sound?
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 05:12pm
Less misogynistic¯
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 10:32pm
How can he get married in a church when he has been divorced? I daresay old Alec has not seen the inside of a church in quite along time.
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 10:35pm
So?

As far as the Church goes Roxy, it is all about $ ! Welcome to the real world.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
romantico
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 10:38pm
Roxy, how do you know Alec has not seen the inside of a church for a long time? Care to back that up? Alec is very liberal,so I doubt you spend much time reading up on him or even really have an interest in his personal life. SO, can you back that lie,... er, comment up or are we just suppose to take your word for it?

Was Newt married in a church? How about Rush? As it was pointed out in another thread, Ronald Reagan was divorced also. Was he married to Nancy in a church? You seem to think you know a lot about Alec Baldwin Roxy.You know about as much about Alec as you do Obama and politics in general.

I'm gonna start calling you and your 'sources' out Roxy.

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 6/30/12 at 10:38 PM
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 10:41pm
And Roxy will never be heard on this thread again!

Wait, is Alec even Catholic?

Updated On: 6/30/12 at 10:41 PM
strummergirl
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 10:49pm
How does half the country get married again in a church when they have been divorced, Roxy?

And what does his actions or words have to do with his faith and church attendance? I always remember the adults drinking and swearing up a storm at the Friday fish fry but being back for Sunday service on their best behavior. Catholics just role that way regardless of personal life and politics.
romantico
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 6/30/12 at 11:14pm
Further proof Roxy does not know what he is talking about.

ALEC BALDWIN MARRIES..........IN A CHURCH!

So Roxy, you are either a misinformed fool or a liar. Take your pick.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/30/alec-baldwin-married-hilaria-thomas_n_1640550.html
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Alec Baldwin query
Posted: 7/1/12 at 12:42am
I love Alec but am never shocked by what comes out of his mouth when he is angry, even though it often borders on misogyny and homophobia, which is sad but not surprising. You can take the mook out of Long Island, but you can't take the Long Island mook out of the mook.

'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' -- RW Emerson