DONE DEAL: Ashton Kutcher Is New Star Of 'Two And A Half Men'

everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
UPDATE, 6:30 PM PT: We've just received word that negotiations have concluded, marking That '70s Show co-star Ashton Kutcher's return to television after a brief movie career. He is replacing Charlie Sheen in Two And A Half Men. The deal made sense for series producer Warner Bros which already had an overall with Kutcher's Katalyst production banner.
DONE DEAL: Ashton Kutcher Is New Star Of 'Two And A Half Men'

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Kad
Broadway Legend
Oh.
Crazy and drugged out or not, Charlie Sheen has always been far more watchable than Kutcher was or ever will be.
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
So we say hello to Aston Kutcher and Goodbye to Two and A Half Men. ( hey Ashton & Angus could only add up to 1 man collectively!)
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Maybe we should give him a chance first
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
nomdeplume
Broadway Legend
I'd rather see Kutcher any day over slimy Sheen. Sheen's on a downward spiral of his own making.

Kutcher was great in The Butterfly Effect. He also comes across as very supportive of and friendly toward women. I haven't watched this show, but if he's in it, I may give it a whirl on hulu.

Plus he's cute. You just want to shoot a peaball at him to get his attention.
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
"You just want to shoot a peaball at him to get his attention."

Is that what they're calling it nowadays?
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
I'm not a fan of Kutcher at all but I have to confess I actually liked NO STRINGS ATTACHED in spite of myself. At this point anything is better than Sheen who just has no business doing any acting by now.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
strummergirl
Broadway Legend
Kutcher repels me from seeing any movie/project he is in. I personally hated The Butterfly Effect and I tried to like it. Same for A Lot Like Love. I don't get his appeal, even as somebody who still watches That 70's Show re-runs.

The Hugh Grant rumors honestly would have gotten me to watch for curiosity's sake.
Updated On: 5/13/11 at 07:24 PM
nomdeplume
Broadway Legend
"Kutcher repeals me"

A law can be repealed, but probably not you.
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
From Ike Barinholtz' (hilarious) Twitter feed:

"So are they going to re-name it "One and a Half Men and That Twat From the Camera Commercials?"
"It's now rather very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that'. As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. It has no meaning, no purpose. It has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'. Well, so f**king what?"--Stephen Fry
nomdeplume
Broadway Legend
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
He's going to be on Two and a Half Men, nom, not Cougar Town.
"Colbert is toast after this latest flap." -- Mr Roxy "Read 'Atlas Shrugged'." -- Gothampc
nomdeplume
Broadway Legend
No interest in either TV show, but I'll watch once when he's in the new show.

Following the leadership of his wife, he's taken a stand against the trafficking of women and is deserving of appreciation and attention. He has an upbeat personality and quirky sense of humor. Curious to see what personality type he'll be in this new show and how it will work.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
I agree. It's really brave and going out on a limb to take a stance against the trafficking of women. Reason enough to watch the show.
"Colbert is toast after this latest flap." -- Mr Roxy "Read 'Atlas Shrugged'." -- Gothampc
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
I'd imagine Charlie S was rather for it.
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
The only thing I can figure is Kutcher will play Charlie's illegitimate son who has finally tracked down his "Baby Daddy" and Charlie has fled to Parts Unknown.

(always wanted to see Parts Unknown...)
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Major bump, but Charlie Sheen says that he's tired of pretending that Ashton Kutcher and the show don't suck.

Charlie Sheen finally cracks: 'I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck' -- VIDEO
Updated On: 2/17/12 at 01:30 PM
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Oh. Is he still alive?
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Is this show still on? And if so, why?
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
It's still on because huge numbers are still watching. That's why Sheen has suddenly slagged it off, he's annoyed that it did not loose viewers after he went, in fact quite the opposite.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WOSQ
Broadway Legend
Ashton Kutcher is wonderful especially since he takes off his shirt in every episode so far. Without fail.
"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher
Jon
Broadway Legend
Kutcher is very charming and funny, and not disgusting like Sheen. However, Cryer's character has become a loathesome troll.
Brave Sir Robin2
Broadway Legend
Thank God Ashton cut his hair and takes his shirt off.
"What's wrong with bottoms? If it wasn't for them, I would have nothing to do!" - TheatreDiva90016
""Well, who needs cake when Jordan's here having orgasms? - CATSNYrevival
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
^ Yes, thank goodness for that or else he would be required to act.
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Charlie apologized to Ashton, but I doubt if he means it:

"Dear Ashton-
My bad.
I was disrespectful to a man doing his best.
I got excited and threw you into a crossfire.
The rest of my statement I stand behind.
You, however, deserve better.
Safety in your travels good sir.
- The “late” Charlie Harper"

Charlie Sheen apologizes for 'Ashton sucks' comments, holds his line on 'Two and a Half Men'
Updated On: 5/16/12 at 02:59 PM

Page: