New Year's Eve 2012 Marvin Hamlisch Concert - Full Video Stream

Gregor
Understudy
Understudy
Huge thanks to PBS for today making available the full video stream of their live broadcast of the
"One Singular Sensation!: Celebrating Marvin Hamlisch"
gala concert, which took place on New Year's Eve 2012 at The Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, New York.

Featuring the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, and hosted by Audra McDonald, the concert features Maria Friedman, Michael Feinstein, Megan Hilty, Brian D'Arcy James, Kelli O'Hara, Raul Esparza, Josh Groban and many others.

The full 85 minute stream is here (hopefully available for at least three months):
http://video.pbs.org/video/2322359038

and a detailed review of the concert is here:
http://broadwayworld.com/article/SOUND-OFF-New-Years-Eve-Live-From-Lincoln-Centers-Marvin-Hamlisch-Celebration-20130101 .

Very exciting that we can all watch this just two days after the concert took place!

THANK YOU, PBS!
abitoftap Profile Photoabitoftap Profile Photo
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thanks..it works, except when I switch to full screen when the sound continues and the picture disappears. Any ideas??
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thank you for the link Gregor. It saved me the trouble of searching the internet to find it.

I watched this yesterday evening and was unimpressed overall. Many of the performances left a lot to be desired, even Kelli O'Hara and Audra McDonald who I normally love. In Kelli's case, I thought she seemed to be struggling vocally, while Audra just over-egged everything that she sang. I also think they should have swapped parts in the "At the Ballet" sequence.

I do not understand the global success Josh Groban has. He was constantly flat throughout and his performances just seemed very ordinary.

In Maria Friedman's case, the voice is shot! I have never been a fan, but it was painful to listen to at times. Why she was given two songs to perform, while other, more able performers were given just one, I will never know!

The other performances weren't anything special either, with the exception of Brian d'Arcy James who, for me, stole the show with "At the Fountain" from "Sweet Smell of Success" which I had never heard before, but which is a GREAT song!

Updated On: 1/3/13 at 07:17 AM
Patti LuPone FANatic Profile PhotoPatti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw this too. Hearing the character of "Diana Morales" in "A Chorus Line" sung by Maria Feldman was a bit jarring. The producers should have had the original, Priscilla Lopez, sing that particular song. Just saying...from RC in Austin, Texas USA
Susan Haskins (Theatre Talk): "I love children. That's why I work with Michael (Riedel)."

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
🔀ATLANTA SHOWS
Memphis
(Runs 7/23 - 9/6)
Disney's Beauty and the Beast in AtlantaDisney's Beauty and the Beast
(Runs 9/21 - 9/22)
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
(Runs 10/7 - 10/10)
A Steady Rain
(Runs 9/18 - 10/11)
Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike